Off the cruise ship in Split

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2022, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will have 9 hours to spend when our ship docks in Split. We are arranging a private driver/guide and will almost certainly go to the Krka waterfall area and hope to have a couple hours to wander around Split itself before getting back on board. Although the guides assure us this is possible and we can go someplace else as well, we are trying to decide whether that place should be Trogir or Sibeniki! Any thoughts about either, or if there's someplace else in the area that's a don't miss? (Weve ruled out Omis since it is on the opposite side of Split than the other places considered.) My husband is not interested in spending time in museums.
Old Mar 27th, 2022, 03:05 PM

We did enjoy Trogir. It is beautiful! But just make sure you do have time to wander around Split and Diocletian's Palace. We love Split! It's a wonderful city with gorgeous architecture and has a scenic setting right on the water. The manager of our hotel did not recommend eating at restaurants on the Riva because they are very touristy and the food is not very good. However, having a drink on the Riva is a wonderful experience while overlooking the water.
Old Mar 28th, 2022, 12:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Trogir and the Palace are worth while but the Palace is not a big visit so I'd go on a paid for tour to get the best out what would have been the equal to the White House of its day. Trogir needs a wander around and a drink on the water front.
Old Mar 28th, 2022, 01:44 AM

I don't see how you can fit something else in without rushing around, but if you have an extra hour, I would choose Trogir as it is easier to get in and out of.
Old Mar 28th, 2022, 03:53 AM

Ditto to what rialtogirl says. If you’re going to Krka National Park, I also don’t see how you’ll fit in any other place besides Split, but if you really have the time, Trogir is lovely. But Split has enough to see, and just walking around town and visiting the Palace, would be plenty.