Notices

NYC to Florence flight????

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 12:24 PM
lisa peretz

NYC to Florence flight????

My text seems to have vanished so here's my question again:

My husbamd and I were awarded business class round trip to Italy. The hitch ---
The company that awarded the trip is using it's travel agent to book the flights (to keep the cost down.) I wanted to know if you think this option
sounds o.k.:

NYC to Florence: Sabina?? Airlines from Newark (around 7pm) connecting in Brussels (1 hour 15 minute layover) and arriving in Florence around 11:40 am. the next day.??

We are returning from Rome:
Rome to JFK direct on Delta, 10:00 am or 12:00 pm flight. I wanted to leave later but the travel agent said that's all there is. Are there later flights but just not for me???

I'll check with the airlines, but I really wanted to get the advice of all you seasoned travelers. Thanks!!!

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 01:01 PM
Paul

Lisa,

You can fly to Florence using:

Air France, connect in Paris
Lufthansa, connect in Frankfurt
Swiss Air, connect in Zurich
Sabena, connect in Brussels
British Air, connect in London

The Sabena connection sounds fine. We've done the Lufthansa & Air France routes from Boston, and much prefer AF. But we're looking at Sabena this year Boston-Bologna.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 01:30 PM
lisa peretz

Hey Paul, just wanted to thank you for the info. I guess I'm kind of nervous because I don't know the travel agent booking my flights.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 02:55 PM
Beth

Lisa,
as far as the flight back, its probably correct. I wanted to get a late flight from Rome to Boston last fall and couldn't find one later than 12:45. Not sure why, but this did seem to be true. You can always check travelocity or expedia and see what you can come up with on your own.

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 06:17 AM
Debbie

Lisa-we did the Sabena flight to Brussels with the connection to Florence last year. It was great! Had enough time in Brussels to change planes,regroup in gift shop(ah the chocolates!!!) and have a cup of coffee to wake up. When we got to Florence,we took a cab right outside of the door to our hotel and were there in less than 10/15 minutes.As for the Rome flight,most airlines leave at that time to coincide with their arrival turnaround time in US.Thats about the normal time for most flights to return to US.Have a glass of Chianti for me! Debbie

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 08:42 AM
Paul

Lisa, have your travel agent check the Alitalia schedule.

Alitalia has 2 later flights from Rome to the NY area. AZ610 leaves at 13:00, arrival at 16:25 into JFK. AZ624 leaves at 14:30, arrival at 18:10 into EWR (Newark).

I found these at "http://www.alitalia.com/eng/index.html"