Nova Car Rentals

Mar 4th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

Nova Car Rentals

This rental agency was recommended on the Spain board a few days ago. Their rates are certainly very good.

Any of you Fodorites have any experience with them to relate -- negative or positive?

Thanks in advance!
Mar 4th, 2005, 04:33 PM

We used Nova in Spain a couple years ago and were very pleased. The rental was with a mainstream company (Alamo, I think?). Extra coverage was included. We had no difficulty showing up to rent with the computer print-out authorization. This spring we're going to Italy and Auto Europe was able to offer a much better price. I guess it depends where you rent. Have run!
Mar 4th, 2005, 04:46 PM

We've used www.novarentacar.com three times. Most recently in Germany. Once we had National, others were Alamo as I remember. No problems at all. No surprise charges.
Mar 4th, 2005, 08:39 PM

We've used Nova five or six times for car rentals in New Zealand. Never had a problem - the cars actually came from National.

Mar 4th, 2005, 10:20 PM

Molloy
I rented a car from them for 21 days in October 2004 in Manchester and had no problems.
I am renting from them again in Munich next month for 18 days as I was well satisfied with their service( and Nova was one of the few rental agencies that would rent to a person over 70 in England.)
If you are going to rent a car for more than 15 days, Master card won't cover the Collision insurance in europe.
I use Visa for longer term rentals.
I recommend you check with your Credit Card company to ensure you are covered.
I have decided to pay for the optional insurance this trip for peace of mind. Even the optional insurance does not provide complete coverage.
I suggest you take before and after photos of the car and have the rental company initial the contract for even the slightest scratches or windshield chips. I had a rubber strap holding the luggage cover break on a near new rental car and had to purchase and install a replacement myself in Manchester. It was easier to install the $10 strap myself than chance having Nova install it and later bill me . Even though it was a manufacturing fault.
Good Luck in Spain
Mar 5th, 2005, 06:00 AM
ira

Hi M,

Also check rates at www.autoeurope.com and www.sixt.com.

Mar 5th, 2005, 06:24 AM

Nova is my car rental company of choice in Europe. They own no cars but get them from other agencies. Seems mine always comes from Auto Europe. Great rates, cheap full insurance coverage. Never had a problem.......yet.

Larry J
Mar 5th, 2005, 06:30 AM

Me too. Never any problems. Very good rates. I also take the extra insurance for peace of mind.
Mar 5th, 2005, 07:34 AM

We've also had great luck with them and they have been great on the service end because once we did have a problem with the rental company they sent us to.
Mar 5th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the prompt feedback.

We have always used AutoEurope (mainly in Ireland and Spain), but Nova's rates are far better for the dates I'm looking at in southern Spain. (Ironically, No Va means "Doesn't go" in Spanish.)

Thanks again to all who responded.