nouvais beaujolais

Sep 26th, 2002, 06:05 AM
wino

nouvais beaujolais

I'm going to be in France November 14-20, will I be there for the nouvais beaujolais or am I too early?

Sep 26th, 2002, 06:15 AM
ira

Beaujolais Nouveau is released on the third Thursday in November. I fear that you will be too early.

Sep 26th, 2002, 06:15 AM
cheers

Sales officially start on the 3rd Thursday of November, so this year that is on Nov 21.

Sep 26th, 2002, 06:19 AM
BeryBery

Sales IN THE USA officially start on the 3rd Thursday. Novo Beauj is available in France that week.

Wide variety of labels (again, not like in the USA) some good, some otherwise, so taste before you buy a bunch.

It's a big deal in Paris, BTW.

Sep 26th, 2002, 06:20 AM
x

But never fear, that stuff will be on your wine and liquor store shelves the day you get home. But drink it before mid December, or you'll have to learn a new term. And whatever you do, don't lay any of it down.

Sep 26th, 2002, 06:29 AM
wino

Ah, domage! Well, I guess I can come home and relive some Paris memories over a bottle here at home! Thanks for your help!

Sep 26th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Florence

Bonjour Wino,

Unfortunately, the big "fête du Beaujolais Nouveau" will start on the 20 at midnight, but you might already find some at the duty-free at the airport a few days before. Look for a reputable producer like "Duboeuf" for something better than just drinkable.

Santé !