Notre Dame/Louvre

Search

Notre Dame/Louvre

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Notre Dame/Louvre

Are the company’s that give tours of Notre Dame? My main concern is waiting in lines; I am only in Paris 3 days and have a list of things I want to see. I know with some tours you bypass any lines.

What are the lines like for Norte Dame and The Louvre in mid May?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 09:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
There is rarely if ever a line to get into Notre Dame. As it is free to visit, no tour could possibly have priority over worshipers or the general public. However, there is often a line to climb the towers, as there is a fee to get in and limited space.

To bypass the lines at the Louvre, all you need is the museum pass.
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 09:22 PM

There is often a small line in front of the entrance to Notre Dame in high season, but it moves quickly. Admission is free.

There is a much longer and slower line to climb the stairs into the bell towers, and admission is not free.

There is often a long line at the main entrance to the Louvre, but little or no line at the other entrances.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 10:26 AM

As far as lines at the Louvre - I have waited on what looked like a tremendous line that snaked about yet it only took about 30 minutes to enter. By entering at the Carrousel du Louvre level you'll bypass any line. I have visied the Louvre many times (even on free Sunday) and the line has always moved swiftly.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 10:34 AM

What's usually causing the lineup at the Louvre, is the security checkpoints. You can't avoid them, but you can speed up your entrance by not having any bags on you, even a purse. Security attendents will waive you through the security line up as you won't have anything for them to put thorugh the xray machines.

Once inside, then there are lineups for admission, unless you have a pass, museum card or membership card, then you can bypass the admission lineup.