Reload this Page >

Not sure what I ate!!

Search

Not sure what I ate!!

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2000, 05:54 AM
April

Not sure what I ate!!

Hello - Just returned from Paris and one evening I found myself starving outside of a small sandwich shop. I ate a sandwich that was a panini pocket filled with sanimi. It looked delicious, tasted o.k., but I could not recognize the contents of the sandwich! Anyone know what sanimi is? Please don't say brains!

Old May 19th, 2000, 06:43 AM
xxx

An acronym from: <BR> <BR>_S_ome _ANIM_al's _I_nsides.

Old May 19th, 2000, 06:45 AM
Beth Anderson

Hi, <BR> <BR>In situations like these it is better to ask when you can - i.e., at the sandwich shop. are you sure you have the spelling right? <BR> <BR>I did a simple search on sanimi and the only thing which came up (which was helpful) was a site on a Turkish poet. <BR> <BR>chances are it is something turkish, anyway (pocket sandwich? makes sense). <BR> <BR>it obviously was some sort of meat product, by your description. all I can say is: "parts is parts"... <BR> <BR>Beth

Old May 19th, 2000, 06:46 AM
april

Thanks - that was very helpful.

Old May 19th, 2000, 07:59 AM
holly

I just asked my boyfriend who just moved here from Paris... He said he has never heard of Sanimi. It is not french. But usually it is ham, or tukey, tomatoes or cheese, etc. <BR> <BR>

Old May 19th, 2000, 08:02 AM
Ellen

I remember years ago in Paris eating an a recommended upscale restaurant w/ my family. I think it may have been Alain Ducasse but I'm not sure. <BR> <BR>The food was attractive but I had absolutely no idea of what I was eating. I knew for the price of that meal, I should be enjoying it but it bothered me nonetheless! <BR> <BR>I've never heard of sanimi. There are French food directories on line which I actually have book marked at home. I'll see if I can locate it for you! <BR>Ellen

Old May 19th, 2000, 08:04 AM
Beth Anderson

you know, when I first read that the first thing which came to mind was "sashimi" but they sure would not put that in a pocket sandwich, now would they?!?

Old May 19th, 2000, 08:06 AM
lindi

Is sanimi maybe salami misspelled? <BR>You know what salami is don't you.