Not Pre-Booking in Milos

Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not Pre-Booking in Milos

This summer, a friend and I will be traveling to, among other destinations, three Greek islands: Naxos, Milos, and Santorini. That could change - I do like to be spontaneous.

Question is, considering that MIlos is not heavily populated with either tourists or locals when compared to Naxos and Santorini, and also considering that we don't exactly want to be stuck on a plan of "we absolutely have to get to Milos from Day A to Day B because we've already pre-booked", is it advisable to simply not pre-book in Milos and hope to find a place upon arrival?

We'll (unfortunately) only be in Milos for 2 1/2 days and 3 nights, so won't extensive, week+ long accommodations.

Time period is smack dab in the middle of July.
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 07:24 AM

Greece will be booming with tourists this year, for a second concecutive year experts are expecting an all time record of international arrivals, exceeding 19 Mi. visitors.

Milos has a significantly shorter season compared to Naxos and Santorini and less hotels, rooms etc, which is why i would strongly advice you to prebook your accommodation on time, especially during the high season ( mid July).
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 07:44 AM

The less touristed islands also have less available accommodation, so heed clausar's advice.
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 09:38 AM

Should be OK finding accommodation middle of July, that's more or less vaguely the start of hi-season. Milos is not very popular. I can't see any reason why there should be a massive increase any year on islands like that. If anything the other way, the last time I stayed there a lot of rooms for rent places were either closed or dormant.

The increase in business for Greece is in the larger 'jet in' package tourist islands with the investment in Costa type hotels.
Old May 7th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, guys. I may wing it - I need a LITTLE adventure, after all, and the rest of the islands I'm staying on we are going ahead and pre-booking. I won't make any moves just yet.