Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

No scissors in carry-ons: only outbound from US?

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 09:14 AM
YS

Are strict security rules only apply when flying out and within the US or for the flights bound for US from Europe?<BR>I will be travelling to Munich for a few days and was not planning on checking any luggage, but I may wind up with a first aid kit on my way back (don't ask why), which contains scissors. Should I put it in a separate bag and check it, or will I be ok? My connection is through Hithrow.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 10:27 AM
Annie

ALL flights in and out of Heathrow have strict security measures. I had a pair of nail clippers taken off me when I was travelling to Europe. Be safe and check it all in your hold baggage.The scissors will definetly be taken off you.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 10:27 AM
traveler

Heathrow will take away your scissors too.They have these little bins in airports now,where they toss everybodys nail files,clippers,sharp objects.Pack them in a suitcase-or don't take them.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 10:54 AM
pj

Went on Aer lingus to Dublin with scissors no problem.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 05:22 PM
Camee

Came home on Aer Lingus and someone in front of us during check in had to leave a small pair scissors behind.