Reload this Page >

No luck finding Prague accomodation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 05:06 AM
Charles

I have faxed and called and to no avail, most of the decent hotels in Prague are booked. Any suggestions what I should do? I have read that it might be best just to get there and go to a tourist office to find book a room. It seems alot of the travel agencies book the best rooms but as it gets closer to the dates they get canceled. I'm looking in the Mala Strana or Stare Mesto area for a rate of $75 USD or under, April 12-19. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! <BR> <BR>Charles <BR>[email protected]

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 06:00 AM
Richard

Charles, Last year we stayed in a small town just outside of Prague, Karlstejn. The train ride into central Prague takes about 45 min. and costs under $3.00 round trip. Karlstejn has it's own attractions, namely a wonderful castle. Let me know if this appeals to you and I'll look up the name of the hotel and the rate.

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 06:01 AM
Richard

Charles, Last year we stayed in a small town just outside of Prague, Karlstejn. The train ride into central Prague takes about 45 min. and costs under $3.00 round trip. Karlstejn has it's own attractions, namely a wonderful castle. Let me know if this appeals to you and I'll look up the name of the hotel and the rate.

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 06:35 AM
Bram

Charles, <BR>In the summer of '97 my wife and I stayed at the Hotel Sax, in Mala Strana. The hotel is small, but very modern and located about 200 yards from the U.S. embassy. We payed $90 with breakfast and taxes included. Sorry I have no Fax # or email address but give it a try. I highly recommend it. <BR>Regards, Bram

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 09:03 AM
Linda

Check out the AVE site at www.avetravel.cz for a good listing of hotels, penzions in all price ranges. We stayed at Penzion Balbin near the Muzeum Metro & Wenceslas Square. It is on the top floors of an apartment building (elevator after 1st flight of stairs)with locked door to street. It is clean, shower & toilet in room, tv, serve-yourself breakfast & helpful English-speaking staff. The web site has it and a number of others. You can handle the arrangement over the Internet & fax.