Nikolis or Marco Polo in Rhodes

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any experience with these hotels? I'm trying to figure out which one would be best. The Marco Polo looks beautiful on the web site, but that doesnt' tell the whole story.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 09:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
ttt
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 09:55 AM

I have no experience with either of the hotels, but I do know the town of Rhodes well enough to say that a hotel in the old town of Rhodes is bound to be much more interesting than the cookie-cutter hotels in the new town.

The problem is that the old town of Rhodes is composed of at least two areas: the old souk or Turkish part and the medieval part.

The Web sites are not the easiest thing on earth to read and interpret, but my feeling is that the Marco Polo is in the old souk or Turkish part of the old town of Rhodes, where the alleys are so extremely narrow that you might find them claustrophobic.

The Nikolis, on the other hand, seems to be in the medieval part of the old town of Rhodes, which is much airier and more spacious.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 10:01 AM

I have no experience with either of the hotels, but I do know the town of Rhodes well enough to say that a hotel in the old town of Rhodes is bound to be much more interesting than the cookie-cutter modern hotels in the new town.

The problem is that the old town of Rhodes is composed of at least two areas: the old souk or Turkish part and the medieval part.

The Web sites are not the easiest thing on earth to read and interpret, but my feeling is that the Marco Polo is in the old souk or Turkish part of the old town of Rhodes, where the alleys are so extremely narrow that you might find the location claustrophobic.

The Nikolis, on the other hand, seems to be in the medieval part of the old town of Rhodes, which is much airier and more spacious.

Perhaps you should have another look at both Web sites. As I recall, the Marco Polo has one view of a walled garden and no general exterior view. The Nikolis has several garden and exterior views.

My instinct would be to go with the Nikolis -- without, as I have said, knowing either.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 10:03 AM

So sorry -- I don't know how I managed to post this twice... There are a few small differences between the two versions.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Eloise
The Turkish part sounds intersting.