Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

night time things to do In Rome and Florence

Feb 22nd, 2001, 02:47 PM
Jessyca

I am going to Rome and Florence in March. What are some non- touristy, local fun things to do??

Feb 22nd, 2001, 06:19 PM
Dena

In Florence you might trying crossing the Ponte Vecchio were there seems to be a younger crowd and there was some street entertainment and great restaurants.

Feb 22nd, 2001, 09:30 PM

to the top

Feb 24th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Judith

In Florence you must sit at a piazza in an outdoor cafe and have dinner / coffee or desert. The one that is in Hannibal was one building away from our hotel and I can't remember the name of it right now. It has one of the David's done my Michangelo, you can't miss it. We went there most nights for coffee and strawberries. The fruit in Italy is always excellant.

I mention this because locals hang out in piazzas and they are wonderful places to people watch. There are people everywhere.

Feb 24th, 2001, 12:51 PM
trish gordon

When my husband and I were in Rome last year, we went to a restaurant in the Jewish part of Rome and then they sent us around the corner to a piano bar where Jim had lemoncella and I had an amaretto - truly the "When in Rome" experience. I would suggest that if you eat at a sidewalk cafe, you ask the maitre d or your waiter a good place for a drink and a song - have a fab time!