Nice Moderate Hotels in Central Paris?

Jan 14th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Julie

Nice Moderate Hotels in Central Paris?

My husband and I are thinking about going to Paris in late May. We've been a number of times before, but always on business with company-paid and selected hotels. Can anyone recommend a nice, clean moderately priced hotel ($100-150) in central Paris (Arr. 1-9)? Does anyone have experience with the Hotel de Fleurie in St. Germain or Hotel du Cadran near the Invalides? Thanks in advance.

Jan 15th, 2002, 05:41 AM
Sue

I like the Hotel des Marronniers (3 star) on the rue Jacob in the 6th; it's set back from the street in a little courtyard. A few blocks away, more of a budget choice, is the Hotel du Lys (2 star, perhaps b/c of no elevator-under $100 for double), rue Serpente. Both are clean, pvt. baths, charming, well-located.

Jan 15th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Ursula

Julie: I had a look at the Du Cadran recently. Looks good and I like the area. However, I would prefer the De Fleurie which is really in the heart of St. Germain des Pres for its location. It's a little easier to get around.
You will find positive comments on both, if you search a little in this forum.
Sue: Have you stayed at the Du Lys? I am just wondering, if the rooms are a little dark. Rue Serpente is very narrow. But the street is very quiet without being far from livelier ones.

Jan 15th, 2002, 06:59 AM
Sue

Ursula, I have stayed at du Lys (and Marronniers); it was winter and grey outside, so I don't remember if it was dark in room or not. Maybe it would matter more in spring or summer. Didn't spend much time in room. It is a quiet street, and as you said, close to livelier ones. I think it is great for the $$ and have recommended it to others who found it the same. I'll be there for few days in a few weeks.

Jan 15th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Ursula

Sue, thanks. Have fun in Paris. I just came back. Stayed in the Montparnasse area which I do like very much as well.
I might consider the Du Lys, if anything else should be booked. One never knows. I remember the reception staff was quite nice, when I dropped in for a brochure.

Jan 15th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Ade

My favorite area to stay is the 7th arr. Last year, I stayed at a place called Latour Maubourg. It was the perfect location and would definitely recommend it.

Jan 15th, 2002, 08:05 AM
SharonG

Stayed at Clos de Medicis in the 6th last year. Wonderful place. Great location and English speaking staff.

Jan 15th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Shelley

MY family and I stayed at Le Clos Medicis last June and enjoyed our stay very much.Clean rooms and nice atmosphere.The guys at the front desk were very accomodating. Close to the Jardin du Luxembourg,nice neighborhood with small store, restaurants,hair salon,bakery. We walked everywhere. I would not hesitate to stay there again!