Reload this Page >

Nice Hotels in Knightsbridge

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 07:53 AM
Carolyn

Any suggestions on 3-4 star hotels in the Knightsbridge or Kensington areas of London? Three of us are sharing a room so we can afford to splurge! I've been looking at the Rembrandt or the Swathmore. First hand reports would be appreciated. We are open to other areas as well, but want something nice. Thank you!

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 09:52 AM
Tammy

My mom and I stayed at the Knightsbridge Green Hotel last April. Their e-mail address is [email protected]. They are located very close to the Knightsbridge tube stop, across from Hyde Park and right around the corner from Harrods. I would definitely stay there again.

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 12:36 PM
Cindy

Carolyn, <BR>If I could afford it I would stay at Beaufort at 33 Beaufort Gardens. It's great for women (includes a gym). The Claverly is not as expensive but nice, also on Beaufort Gardens. The Basil Street hotel is very popular among women as well. Good luck!

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 12:55 PM
ellie

We spent several days at the Knightsbridge Hotel at #12 Beaufort Gardens (www.knightsbridgehotel.co.uk) <BR>across the street from the Beaufort in February of 1999. The Knightsbridge isnt nearly as swanky as the Beaufort, but was considerably less expensive and shares the same lovely, safe and convenient neighborhood (Beaufort Gardens is a sort of cul-de-sac resulting in light traffic, yet extremely well located). We were able to get a special rate by booking online and stayed in one of their suites (my husband and I were travelling with our teenage son) which took up a whole floor of the building and was quite well appointed and comfortable. Our only complaint was that the beds were pretty hard - but agreed we would stay there again regardless.

Old Mar 20th, 2000, 06:17 AM
Suzanne

On this board whenever someone asks a question about the Rembrandt Hotel, there seems to be a lukewarm response, or none at all. The AOL board posters seem to be VERY happy with it, could there be advertisers spiking that board, or is it just that not many of you have been there? I am asking because I am going there in May, and need opinions! Thanks

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 09:36 PM
Michele

I was also trying to decide between the two and did a search for both hotels...came up with a few posting and I contacted them directly. They all said that The Rembrandt was decent and in a good area--it was not swanky, but a cut above the "Comfort Inn" types. The Strathmore was more charming, but the rooms were very small--no place to put your clothes. It sounded more "quirky" than the Rembrandt as the rooms were each very different sizes--since it's a converted home. I think the lukewarm responses come from the fact that it has luxuries than some people expected. I think you'll find that it is a clean, safe, decent hotel in a good location for sightseeing. I'll be staying there in June.