Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Nice Airport - arrival time for flight back to US?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2021, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to book my flight for France for next spring. If I am flying out of Nice airport w 1-1.5hr layover in Paris or Amsterdam then onto USA how many hours ahead do I need to get to the Nice airport? Not sure how big the Nice airport is. Normally for international flights they recommend 3hrs. I'm not sure if they'd be doing all the international check in at the Nice airport or on the next stop in Paris or Amsterdam, which means I need to allow enough time there.
Also, if I go from Nice to Paris there is only 1 hr layover. Is that enough time to get on an international flight out? Would appreciate some input please.

Last edited by Patti_lovestravel; Oct 10th, 2021 at 12:19 PM.
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 02:56 PM
mjs

I flew out of Nice to SFO via MUC two weeks ago. Flight departed Nice at 0625 and we had stayed the night before at the airport Holiday Inn express. I would think an hour to an hour and a half should be fine at Nice since it is not an international flight. An hour layover at CDG or AMS would be tight as there is secondary security at CDG and I assume also at AMS. Having said that if your flights are all on one ticket it’s officially ok
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 05:30 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice airport is not large, rather easy to deal with.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

So we decided to fly from Nice w 1 stop in JFK. Since that will now be an international flight out of Nice I should plan to be there earlier I assume - maybe 2-2.5hrs ahead? Thanks
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 10:37 AM

I would allocate slightly more time, 2 to 2.5 hours, for an international flight to the US due to the extra checks. Traffic is well down at the airport still, and more so in the offseason.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 12:38 PM

I would also, I don't understand the desire to race the clock. YOu aren't going to be doing anything that day anyway, so why sit around wasting time in your hotel room rather than going to the airport and not worrying. I never arrive only an hour before a flight, anyway, anywhere. I don't think you need 3 hours, no. It also depends on the time of day, of course. If you have a flight at 6 am, often airports don't open that far ahead that early, and you don't have a lot of possible problems already mounting up.