Next Bristol Fashion High Tea

May 19th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Next Bristol Fashion High Tea

Next one is Saturday May 29. If you have not been to one, you are missing something. Really lovely. You can book online.

http://www.lebristolparis.com/?q=en#...teas-tea-salon
May 19th, 2010, 08:55 AM

Fashions are by Escarda!
May 19th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Mimi, it is Escada!! a bientot...Joan
May 19th, 2010, 09:30 AM

High tea, eh?
Do you get kippers with it?
They might get the name of the meal right.
May 19th, 2010, 10:05 PM

>>>>>>>They might get the name of the meal right.>>>>>>

the world has voted over the years and the results are very clear...'afternoon tea' should now be called 'high tea' and we britons' notion of 'high tea' should now just be called 'bad british food'.

the new rules are if it has dainty sandwiches with the crusts removed (we britons love to waste like this whilst chuckling at our colonies who would kill for that crust) and little confectioneries, it will be called 'high tea' from now on.

if it's dirty northerners having their 'tea' (likely kfc takeaway) on the 'high' plastic kitchen table then we should not even be talking about this kind of thing on fodors as it makes us britons look bad to the americans.
May 19th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Original Poster

No matter what is British proper re high tea, The Bristol 'title' for their fashion shows is what is posted. They are lovely, lovely and to be enjoyed. The one I attended was filled with many hotel guests wishing they could join. I hope to catch one next Spring.

Joan
May 19th, 2010, 10:42 PM

no worries joan...we britons are just a little obsessive about these things.
May 20th, 2010, 12:03 AM

If I go, I will demand a kipper although I prefer bloaters.
It is well established that walkinaround is as British as sauerkraut.
In fact I think that our friend Chummers says that he is actually a sour Kraut.
May 20th, 2010, 03:49 AM

it does make sense to alter our language to accomodate the wishes of millions of people who should be able to influence the language. from now on, high tea is:

a very formal affair where we dress up as silly buffoons whilst sipping our tea with extended little fingers (and whilst using the word 'whilst' a lot). we used to talk mainly about the value of our houses and how cheap travelling is with our strong currency. now we can't talk about that stuff any longer so we mainly just talk about the weather or just sit there in silence and try to look 'classy' whilst munching on our little finger sandwiches and thinking "my lord, these things really do taste better without crust".
May 20th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Original Poster

Forget the tea part of it...the fashion show is marvelous. Beautiful (very expensive) clothes, beautiful gals...no similarity to Galeries Lafayette!

Joan
May 20th, 2010, 04:16 AM

If I go, I will demand a kipper although I prefer bloaters.>>>

And I will join you in either an Arbroath Smokey or a Red Herring (yes they exist).

Walkinaround is beyond question a squarehead. You can tell from his language ("Gott in Himmel" "For you, Tommy, the war iz over" "penalty shoot-out")
May 20th, 2010, 06:18 AM

Have you actually eaten a red herring?
They do them at the Cley Smokery in Norfolk.
Like an earlier poster, I love bloaters and they are only available by the coast. I bought a pair of those when I visited the smokery.
Perhaps next time we should try red herrings just to claim to have eaten them ;-)
May 20th, 2010, 08:04 AM

Teatime at the bar is the ideal moment to be sipping one of our fifteen teas whilst watching Cat walk models wearing the latest collections from some of Paris’ most well-known fashion houses.
Price per person is € 55 including afternoon tea served with scones, delicious pastries and a designer cake especially created by our pastry Chef Laurent Jeannin.We thank you to book your table at the bar: +33.1.53.43.43.42