Reload this Page >

New Years in Florence

Search

New Years in Florence

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Valarie

New Years in Florence

My family and I will be in Florence for New Years. We have not found anything on the web and our tour company has no festivities planned for the evening. Should we just walk the streets and wing it?! Any suggestions? We love to eat (of course!), we like history and we are all night owls how run on adrenalin when vacationing. Thanks!

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Pam

December issue of Saveur magazine has a cover story on New Year's in Florence. The restaurant featured made me want to hop a flight.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 04:00 PM
poster

I was going to post the same thing as Pam. The restaurant shown at New Year's was called "Garga."

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 05:22 PM
mac

Leo in Santa Croce is a can't miss great meal (sombo of atmosphere and bistecca fiorentina is unbeatable)...as is Za Za. Have fun...

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 05:54 PM
anne

A great meal is fun, but they usually start so late and go on through midnight (the multi-course feast of St. Silvestro, if I remember correctly). If you'd rather enjoy some outside fun, hang out on one of the bridges west of Ponte Vecchio and watch the fireworks set off at midnight east of the bridge up at Piazzale Michelangelo. Bring along a bottle of asti or proseco to toast the new year along with the crowds outside.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 08:17 AM
up4u

Any more ideas?<BR>