Search

New Years?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2006, 06:46 PM
psulli

New Years?

We've got a chance to spend Dec.28-Jan.4 in England...where would you go for New Years? We've spent New Years in London in the past but thought we'd like to go someplace else this time...don't think we want to go all the way to Edinburgh. We're in our mid 50's so don't need lots of excitement but would like something interesting and fun. Any suggestions???

Old Sep 18th, 2006, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris or Amsterdam
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 07:26 PM

Hi psulli, although I have nothing useful to suggest, I did see some info that I think was meant for you over on this thread:
http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...p;tid=34870466
Old Sep 21st, 2006, 06:49 PM
psulli

Think we've decided just to stay in London for New Year's Eve. Last time we did this we went to a play and dinner...this year New Year's Eve is on a Sunday so I'm not sure the theatres will be operating. Any other suggestions on how to spend the evening...don't think we want to spend it in Trafalgar square...not into huge crowds. Thanks for any suggestions...

Old Sep 21st, 2006, 06:57 PM
Neopolitan

We did a traditional Viennese style New Year's Eve concert at the Barbican last year. It was wonderful. I'm pretty sure there is a big concert at Royal Albert Hall also (but we did one there on Christmas Eve). Then we headed to Chinatown where we were eating at midnight and we stepped into the street to see some of the fireworks. But we sort of regretted not going down to the Strand -- we understand the fireworks there are spectacular.

Old Sep 28th, 2006, 11:12 AM

We will be in Paris over New Years celebrating our 10 year anniversary (New Years Eve). I am seeking suggestions for our special night in the city of lights. We will be there for 6 days, but I'm needing specifics for New Years Eve first, then the rest of the week later. Please help! Thanks in advance.