COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Never been to Tuscany!

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Jim

Never been to Tuscany!

Going to Tuscany in May for 7 days. Flying to Pisa then driving to Florence. After that, who knows. Any one suggest some really cool places to visit (apart from the usual tourist traps)/eat/drink/sleep!?

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 07:28 PM
xxx

Jimbo, get out a good guide book, read it all the way through, then come back to this board for answers to specific questions. You gotta do your homework, just like we did.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 07:32 PM
dean

hi

I will top my toscana suggestions and my florence suggestions. You should try a search on Tuscany and on florence and read through a few threads.

BTW... to xxx... i see by your hiding behind an anonomous email and name that we cannot check out if you have ever posted an beginners question.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 08:13 PM
Carin

Don't drive into Florence! Train to Florence and then drive out when you go to the countryside. You do not need a car in Florence at all and driving there is impossible. It is fun to drive our in the Tuscan countryside.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 09:01 AM
Lorenz

Who cares if you did your homework or a first timer ! There are so many things to do in Tuscany that as the others ultimately suggested you need to read some guidebooks & scan internet. This way youll start to get an idea of what you are looking for in the trip, then your search can focus in on your interests. Go to one of the Cafe Book stores , order a caffe and sit and read the guidebooks. Afetr you scanned a few
you'll have a general idea of what you r interest our. Then! You'll realize how you are going to see it all in the time you have. Tuscany probably has more books then any other region.
Plus, some of the joy is seeing it come to life before your eyes after reading & seeing the pictures.