COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Need Travelling tips for Europe

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Priyam

Need Travelling tips for Europe

We are thinking of travelling to Europe this summer. We still cannot decide wether we would like to spend 5 days in Paris or 3 days in Paris,2 for Venice and 2 some other place.

Any opinions?

Thanks in advance

Priyam

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Harris

I suggest you spend them all in Paris. There is so much to do and so much to see, that five days seems like not enough at all.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 06:50 AM
elaine

Priyam
take the above advice, pick one place for such a short trip
You will lose so much time going from one place to the other, packing and unpacking, that all that moving around might not be worth it to you

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 07:18 AM
Bob Brown

I think Paris will soak up 5 days like a super sponge!!! This is true particularly if you visit Versailles.

I returned to Paris in 1999 after not having been there for a very long time. I scheduled 5 days because Switzerland was my chief destination.
Five days passed very, very quickly.
I went back in 2000 for 4 more nights, but that was not enough either, despite the previous visit of 5 days. This year, I am going back again for a few more days of Paris.

Of course by leaving something unvisited, I have a ready excuse for another trip -- not that I need one!!
But Paris is unique and never quite looks the same to me. There is always something a little different, or so it seems to me. The interest never seems to wither.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Eric

Just stay with Paris, I have found out from experience that the more you try to see the less you will see. One destination per visit is much more fun.