Reload this Page >

Needed: Hotel Recommendation for Tuscany

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Troy

Hello,<BR><BR>I am looking for a hotel recommendation for the Chianti region of Tuscany. I fell in love with the Hotel Belvedere di San Leonino in Callista but they do not have any rooms available when I will be in Tuscany. Any recommendations for properties similar to Hotel Belverdere in Tuscany? I am interested in a hotel in a Tuscan hill town with lots of character. As always, thanks much.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Dick Vermillion

We had a wonderful experience staying at Relais LaSaracina between Pienza and Montpulciano. Outstanding! Converted farmhouse - only six rooms - really almost suites. Very large. Wonderful breakfast in a beautiful setting each morning. Nice pool - hammock - chaise lounge etc for relaxing at the end of the day. You can hear the bells on the sheep of the farm about a mile away as you enjoy your wine or reading.<BR><BR>We are returning in September. I am a Travel Agency owner and have no hesitation in recommending for anyone wanting to visit Tuscany.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 06:29 PM
Dayle

Troy, highly recommend Residence San Sano near Gaiole, about 20 minutes drive north of Siena. Very near Castello di Brolio. Totally charming, very small, in a restored stone farm building. TINY village in the middle of olive groves & vineyards. Pool, breakfast included & served in the garden under the arbor. Dinner optional by reservation. Family run trattoria in the village is only other commercial establishment. Great food & views!<BR><BR>You can find them in Fodor's Hotel & Inns of Charm & Character - Italy. 4**** (they've got to shorten that name!)<BR><BR>Buon viaggio!

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 07:25 AM
ledbetter

Castel Bigozzi (www.chiantiturismo.com) is an incredible place. It is just north of Siena near Monteriggioni.<BR><BR>The views are the rolling hills of wheat and grape vines that you would expect to see and the hotel itself is very nice.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 08:40 AM
sue

Hi,<BR><BR>I do not know the hotel Belvedere, but we stayed at a lovely place in Chanti called Cavarchione Toscanum, outside the village of Gaiole in Chianti. This is a remodled farm house that has about six rooms. It is nestled in the vineyards with a lovely pool. You are served breakfast outside. It was reasonalbe priced and the views breathtaking. Good luck.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 09:00 AM
sue

Hi me again,<BR><BR>Here is a web site www.chiantionline.com<BR><BR>There are several hotels on this site, including the hotel I mentioned in my previous response.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Troy

Thanks so much for all the recommendations. I am researching them all. Your time in responding is most appreciated. Take care.