Need travel info

Old Oct 27th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need travel info

I am going in december to Reykjavik and have a couple of days to explore and shop. Anything unique to Iceland or a must see or must have. Is it cold, I am coming from Colorado. thanks.
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 02:34 PM

You may want to repost this question and be a bit more specific about where and what you're looking for. You'll receive a better response.
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

I am looking to go to the Blue Lagoon and maybe Vik if I have time. I would like to do some shopping and pick up souveniers for the family. I am also very interested in the food, culture and scenery. I will have a car to get around. I will only have about 2-3 days then travel on. thanks
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 03:18 PM

Do a text search on either the words ICELAND or REYKJAVIK and you'll find lots of information to help you enjoy and get the most of of your trip. I wouldn't be surprised if the temps in Colorado and Iceland are about the same in December!

And Robert's suggestion of reposting with a more specific heading is a good one - this is, after all, a travel forum and 'needing travel info' is most likely not going to generate much response.
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 02:51 AM

We just got back from 6 days in Iceland. Amazing country and we can't wait to go back for a longer visit. I would be cautious about renting a car in December. Many roads are not passable and the weather changes by the hour. The weather when we were there was between 30 and 35 degrees. We were extremely fortunate to have 2 days with sunshine also.
Reykjavik is a beautiful town and next time we go would like to spend a few days there. They have a great flea market on the weekends (it is indoors). The one thing we didn't get to do that we wish we had done is the horseback riding. We 'met' some of the horses on our trip and they are so gentle and sweet. One woman we met loved it so much she went twice. Gullfoss waterfall is also excellent. My opinion-and this is only my opinion-would be to ditch the car. Spend some time at the wonderful museums in Reykjavik and enjoy the town. Go horseback riding and take a superjeep tour or tour to the falls and the geysir. You can take a flybus to the Blue Lagoon the morning you leave and then it will take you on to the airport in the afternoon before your flight. Then you will be hooked on Iceland and can look forward to planning a longer trip. If you want a good book to start with about Iceland get "Viking Age Iceland". Hope this helps