Need recommendations for Restaurants and Guide in Moscow

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning to be in Moscow the first week of August. Please help us with recommendations for restaurants (prefer Russian food) and a guide to take us around and outside the city.
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 09:55 PM

I loved Moscow, haven't been back there since 1991, so I can't help you with recommendations, but please keep us posted about your trip. My guess is if you are looking for Russian food, you'll find it in nondescript Russian restaurants catering to Russians rather than foreign tourists. There used to be cafes that offered decent food.
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 12:12 AM

There are so many restaurants which are very good and some have been there from before 1991.

Noah's Ark - Armenian food in Kitai Gorod area of Moscow which is a very old part of the city and interesting to visit in its own right. Restaurant is very elegant, food very good and not too expensive if you have Armenian wine.

U Pirosmani - famous Georgian restaurant near Novodevichy convent, some tables have great views of the convent. Food is delicious with Georgian specialities such as lamb with pomegranates and kachapuri bread (sp?).

Uzbek Restaurant - went there in 1986 and its still going. One of the best in Moscow and expensive but worth it.

Shesh Besh - chain restaurant, good for inexpensive lunch. Russian soups are very good, should try solyanka. Salad bar is good there.

Moo Moo - another chain but good for lunch or inexpensive dinner, can be found all over Moscow.

There are many many others too, if there is a particular one you want to go to check it is still there as some close down but the above are ok.
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Original Poster

Thank you RainyDay09.

Odin, great recommendations, will definitely use them. Thanks
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 05:11 AM

Any updates on this topic?
I'll be there for 8 days in August alone. Prefer not so expensive places that I'll feel fine at alone.