Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need recommendation on apartments or apartment hotels in London.

Apr 7th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

I would appreciate any recommendation you might have for apartments. We are going to stay for 7 nights and need to find an apartment. Has anyone had any good experience staying at an apartment in London? I'm told Scala House is good. It's around Tottenhamm Court. Would that be a good location?
Apr 7th, 2006, 07:59 PM

I stayed at the Vancouver in Bayswater. Studios. Were fine and very reasonable. Good location to Tube.
Apr 7th, 2006, 09:31 PM

You might check the listings for rentals on the Slow Travel website. It specializes in week-long rentals. And you can read the reviews of people who have done it.

All locations in tourist areas in London are safe, if that it what you mean by "good location." If you mean is it convenient-- that depends on how you pesonally will be spending your time and how close you are to useful buses and tube stops.

Tottenham Court is a good location for visits to the British Museum and theatergoing, among other things. It's not a good location for shopping at Harrod's, if that's your main intent.
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:05 AM

Hi Helen....

I can recommend London Serviced Apartments!

http://www.londonservicedapartments.co.uk/

They have a wide range of flats all over London in 3 different price groups. I have stayed at The Mansions in Earl Court and was more then pleased with the accommodation! Would use them again in a heartbeat!!
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:54 AM

I can highly recommend London Guest Suites. Rates are quoted in dollars with no added VAT. I always stay in Property 1107 in Knightsbridge but just select the area you're interested in from the drop-down menu.

http://www.londonguestsuites.com/
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:56 AM

Here is another place I've stayed in several times. VERY "English" decor & very nice people managing it. Also a good location in Knightsbridge between Hyde Park & Brompton Rd.

http://www.snowwhitelondon.com/

Apr 8th, 2006, 05:21 AM

I stayed at Scala House and found the location extremely convenient. There is an underground station around the corner, a pub downstairs, many restaurants and coffee shops within a couple of blocks.

Easy walking to the British Museum, theaters, many sights.
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

I've come across lots of accomodation in Chelsea and Knightsbridge. To me, they seem to be more of residential areas than touristy ones? True or False? I prefer to be closer to tourist points.
Aug 25th, 2008, 11:32 AM

They're quiet alot of accommodations in chelsea and in central london, but if you need a serviced office, visit http://www.avanta.co.uk