Need Itinerary starting in London!!!

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Itinerary starting in London!!!

Hello. We are wanting to travel from US to London in July. We have 19 days. We would like to stay a few days in London. What are some suggestions for the rest of the trip, keeping in mind we would like to see several countries.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:21 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
oh come on . . . there are countless possibilities. How are we supposed to suggest where you should go since you've given us nothing at all to work with?

Where have you considered? And does your 19 days include travel to/from Europe? Have you already booked flights in/out of LOndon? If not, you'll want open jaws. What is 'we' - a couple, family w/children, friends?

(w/ 2.5 weeks you probably can't see London and several other countries -- depending on what you mean by 'several')
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I just walked in the door tonight and my husband sprung this on me. I have been to Europe many times, but only in France, Italy, and Spain. I typically spend an incredible amount of time in the planning, but with work being very busy, I decided to reach out to this forum for assistance.

we arrive in london. 18 days. brussels, germany and the netherlands. leave from dusseldorf? any ideas??
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 11:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hi debbie,

thanks for the extra info.

given that you are starting in London, ending in Düsseldorf, the obvious route would be to fly to amsterdam, spend a few days there, and then pick up a car and wend your way gently down through Belgium into Germany. however, you could just as easily get the eurostar train to Brussels, then do a loop up into the Netherlands and round into Germany.

what sorts of things do you want to do? Art Galleries? Castles? Rhine cruising? Cycling?
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 11:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You could also take a ferry into Rotterdam and travel from there (good if it is over night). If of interest have a look at http://www.directferries.co.uk/routes.htm

What do you like to do, you could for example ride a bicycle across Netherlands, or visit museums and old houses across the same country.