Reload this Page >

Need info on Globe

Search

Need info on Globe

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 08:39 AM
margot

Need info on Globe

Hello! My husband and I will be in London from July 24 - July 31, and want to catch a play at the new Globe. Is it necessary to purchase our tickets ahead of time, or can we wait until we get to London? Thank you for your help!

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 12:24 PM
Judy

Margot, I would suggest purchasing tickets before you go if possible. The performances are popular. We tried to get tickets while we were in London (last week of May) and the performances we were interested in were all sold out.

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 04:34 PM
Margot

Judy - thank you very much for responding so quickly. I will be sure to order our tickets tomorrow. I love this forum - I've learned so much! We'll definitely try to be of some help to others when we return in early August from our first trip. Thank you again.

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 06:09 PM
Martha

I would also suggest trying to get tickets before you arrive in London. The theatre is pretty small and usually booked early. I got a ticket to Julius Caesar before I left the states for a performance on June 11. It was great - I really loved the theatre and the performance. I wouldn't recommend yard seats since you have to stand on concrete the whole performance. Have fun <BR>Martha <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 06:44 AM
Lynnda

In case you haven't booked tickets yet, try contacting the UK version of Ticketmaster. That's where we purchased ours. They arrived in a prompt manner with no extra charges. Do get them before leaving. A British friend advised us on that, and he was right. The performance we saw June 18 was full. While standing looks fun, the plays are long and sitting is much better. Have a wonderful time. It's a super experience.

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 10:51 AM
kristi

Lynnda, do you have a phone number, or web address for the ticketmaster in the UK? I keep finding ticket brokers who assess a 25% service fee to the tickets. There must be a cheaper way!

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 12:38 PM
Judy

I just called the Globe today, and got partial view tickets for the end of August! I called their ticket master (equivalent) but they told me the box office may have some better seats (they didn't for the date). Call with the schedule and a few alternate dates ready. Check out http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk for the dates and a click to the Globe website. Good luck!

Old Jul 12th, 1999, 08:32 PM
margot

Thank you again, everyone! I called the Globe Box Office on 7/4/99 and was able to get seats for the 7/29 performance of Julius Caesar - but just barely. It sounds as if they're pretty high up, but better that than standing on concrete for hours. I'm looking forward to every minute of it! <BR>