Reload this Page >

Need info on area around Belfast

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 09:23 AM
Barbara

Our daughter is moving to Northern Ireland next month. I t is a town about an hour west of Belfast (near Kerry) Would like to learn something about this area as we are planning to visit next year.

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 01:33 PM
Danna

Barbara, <BR> <BR>I don't know about the Kerry area, but whenever your daughter or you get a chance go to the Glenariff Forest Park, especially the Waterfall Walk. It's north of Belfast, on the Coast outside Glenariff (Waterfoot.) It's magical. Stay in Cushendall and I recommend "The Meadows" B&B. Anne Carey runs it, won a best B& B Award. It's Grand

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 03:11 PM
Cathy

Barbara, <BR>You must mean a town an hour west of Belfast near DERRY (or as the British term it LONDONDERRY) as KERRY is 6 hours (or more) driving south west of Belfast at the bottom of the Republic. Whichever it is check out www.ireland.tracvel.ie for Kerry, the same site has a link to the Northern Ireland tourist web site. By the way what is the name of the twon ? once we know that we may be able to help, <BR> <BR>Cathy

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 04:44 AM
Tracy

Dear Barbara, <BR> <BR>What a great place to move to - your daughter will love it! Hope you'll combine your trip with some travels on the continent, everything is so close from Belfast International . . . <BR> <BR>Let us know the town she's moving to, and I'd really recommend all of the Antrim coast - it's jaw-droppingly gorgeous, especially if you're lucky enough to get a sunny day. <BR> <BR>Check out <BR>http://www.discovernorthernireland.com/map.html <BR>for more info! ;¬)

Old Dec 15th, 2000, 02:16 PM
Barbara

The name of the town is Limavady,Ireland

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 05:08 PM
Darren

Well, the obvious first stops from Limavady would be Derry/Londonderry itself, Downhill and the Mussenden Temple, and also the viewpoint on the Bishops Road from Downhill (hard to find, but worth it for the views).