Reload this Page >

Need hotel recommendation in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Greg

Have a great hotel recommendation in Rome? My wife and I are taking our first trip this July. I'd like a smaller hotel, good quality, 4 stars, great service, older, quaint building preferred. $200-$250 price range is OK. Good location for walking to the best sights. <BR> <BR>Thanks for your help!

Old May 25th, 2001, 04:04 AM
Suzy

We are going to be staying at the Hotel Raphael - it seems like it might fit your criteria. <BR> <BR>http://www.slh.com/italy/rome/hotel_aelgre.html

Old May 25th, 2001, 04:27 AM
Chynadoll

Hi, Just got back from Rome a couple of weeks ago. I stayed at the Hotel Des Artistes. The Hotel was nice. About 5 blocks from Termini Station. Very Clean. I was very impressed. Check out their website for more information. You can even chat with the front desk. Have fun and be safe. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>http://www.hoteldesartistes.com/

Old May 25th, 2001, 04:36 AM
Rex

At 720.000 to 980.000 ITL per room in July (rates based on a trial reservation attempt at the web site listed above), I don't see how Hotel Raphael is going to match the price range Greg listed. <BR> <BR>I suspect that many "regulars" on this forum (myself included) originally passed by Greg's message because we can't think of any hotel that matches all FOUR of these criteria: <BR> <BR>four stars <BR>older, quaint building <BR>$200-250 <BR>good location. <BR> <BR>IF (and it might be a big "if") you can get their summer special (400.000 instead of regular 600.000), Hotel Pantheon might satisfy these criteria - - see http://cgi.venere.it/ihr/offerta.php?hotel_id=7002 for more info. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:08 AM
Jo

Try this website <BR>www.venere.it/roma <BR> <BR>see which hotels you like and then come back here and ask about those particular ones and you may get more information on them. <BR>

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:43 AM
DJ

Greg, <BR>If yu do not mind a 3 star hotel, check out the Cesari. It matches the remainding criteria perfectly. They are reviewed on Rants & Raves and I believe others on this Forum have been there. I personally have not but will be this fall.

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:51 AM
Paul

Hi Greg, <BR>The Crowne Plaza Minerva is beautiful, fantastic location near Pantheon, old building, and if you can get a deal because it is an American Chain hotel (we did using a 50% off deal with American Airlines) the price might be right too! <BR> Paul

Old May 25th, 2001, 10:52 AM
Shannon

We recently stayed at the Inn at the Spanish Steps on Via Condotti, right at the base of the Spanish Steps. Our room was quite nice, with a large marble bathroom and a walk in closet. It was within walking distance of a lot of the mjor sites. I think we paid about 500.000L per night, booked through Yahoo! travel. They have a website... <BR>www.theinnatthespanishsteps.com. <BR> <BR>Good luck! <BR>Shannon

Old May 25th, 2001, 10:57 AM
Greg

Hello everyone. Thank you for the responses so far. I see that my wish list is a tall order in that price range. DJ, thanks for your suggestion, and any other 3 star hotel recommendations would be welcome. <BR> <BR>Greg

Old May 25th, 2001, 11:16 AM
Ed

Hotel La Residenza fits the bill pretty well ... 4-stars, just under $200, good location just off via Veneto, a fine old building once an elegant town house. Some may find the via a bit off the center, though we've always found the location enjoyable and convenient over 30+ years of visits. See <BR>http://home.venere.it/roma/la_residenza/ <BR> <BR>twenj

Old May 25th, 2001, 01:20 PM
Debbie

Greg: Just in Italy Forum and read about a nice Rome hotel which has my daughter's name in it: Chiara. Post is: <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>Hotel Santa Chiara (Rome) Have you stayed here? <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>Author: paul ([email protected]) <BR>Date: 5/23/2001, 4:25 pm ET <BR> <BR>

Old May 25th, 2001, 03:29 PM
Rex

At three stars - - and these may be as goos as SOME four stars, but they have no restaurant(s), just breakfast rooms - - I can recommend Cesari (as suggested above, and by me on plenty of other message threads) - - and Albergo del Senato - - right in front of the Pantheon (the structure, not the hotel of the samee name). <BR> <BR>Senato is less than 30 yards from the Hotel Pantheon (which I mentioned above) - - I am not sure how the Hotel Pantheon rates a star higher - - I wonder if the presence of a hotel makes a difference. <BR> <BR>If indeed you can get 50% off for the Minerva, this would be an outstanding choice, I think. I have heard, on the other hand, that buffet breakfasts - - while very, very good - - are extra, and very expensive. We had lunch on their rooftop garden restaurant there earlier this week - - a beautiful and incredible spread - - but also a little pricy (45.000 ITL, I think). <BR>

Old May 25th, 2001, 06:45 PM
Angela

I would have to agree with Ed about La Residenza--my sister and father and I stayed there in March and I dream of going back. They took really good care of us.

Old May 25th, 2001, 09:45 PM
Jon

Greg, <BR> <BR>The CP Minerva is not really a "smaller hotel" and it would be a real feat to get reservations in the $200 USD range for any month, especially in July. If you do; congratulations. <BR> <BR>The website for the Inn at the Spanish Steps is not as posted above, it is: <BR>www.atspanishsteps.com. I wish you the best, but would be suprised if you could secure reservations there within your price range for July. <BR> <BR>As Rex's first post above states, your price range does not really put you in the 4 star ballpark for July. Perhaps some of the 3 star properties mentioned will suffice. If not, the Hotel Tiziano (www.charmingrome.com) advertises rooms in the 400.000 ITL range and is a 4 star with a decent locale. I know no other specifics about it. <BR> <BR>Have a great trip, <BR>j.

Old May 25th, 2001, 10:38 PM
Rosenatti

I stayed at the Hotel Due Torri, near Piazza Navonna and the Pantheon. Small hotel, historic building on a quiet street, centrally located, charming decor and staff. I'd go back in a blink.

Old May 26th, 2001, 10:04 AM
Seamus

Greg- <BR>We stayed at the Hotel Spring House and found it great. Not sure it is 4 star, but surely a solid three. Location is great- away from the tourist throngs, in a pleasant neighborhood, great public transport connections and within walking distance to the Vatican. The rooms were clean and modern, and spacious by European standards. Staff was excellent, too. The prices are within or below your price range, too. Here's the contact info from their website: <BR> <BR>HOTEL SPRING HOUSE <BR>Via Mocenigo, 7 <BR>00192 Roma - Italia <BR>tel. +39 6 39720948 <BR>fax +39 6 39721047 <BR>e-mail:[email protected]

Old May 29th, 2001, 06:32 AM
Jo

Hotel Spring House <BR> <BR>here is their website <BR>www.hotelspringhouse.com <BR> <BR>