Reload this Page >

Need Hotel help in Italy!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 1999, 06:48 AM
Tom Harmon

Going to Italy in November as an adjunct to business trip to Munich. Been to Munich, also been to Italy, but its warmer in Italy in November than in Germany! <BR> <BR>Can anyone recommend any of the following hotels: <BR> <BR>Florence.....Hotel Pendini, Hotel Lombardi, Hotel Alba? <BR> <BR>Rome...Hotel Piazza Di Spagna, Hotel Adriatic, Hotel Amalia, Hotel Embassy, Hotel Marcus, Hotel Tirreno? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR> <BR>Tom

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 04:22 AM
topper

!

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 02:43 PM
KAY

Tom, Just got back from Florence. Stayed at the Hotel Pendini for 4 nights. Great location, but it was not what I expected for the $150. a night. I found it dirty and rundown. I won't stay there again, but we had lots of people on the forum tell us they loved it....so everyone has their own standard.... kay

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 04:09 PM
Hans

Just got back from Florence myself and have not stayed at the hotels you mentioned. We stayed at Hotel Mario's. The Hotel, 3 stars, was great. Spotless, nice sized rooms (although the bathrooms were tight), nice breakfast and great staff (english speaking and willing to help!). Hotel Marios is about 2 minutes from the train station on Via Faenza and about a 5 minute walk to the Duomo. We found the Hotel in Karen Brown's Guide to Charming Inns in Italy and would highly recommend it. I think it was about $140/ night for two. Well worth it! Good luck.

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 01:46 AM
lai yee

Hi, Tom. We stayed at Hotel Lombardy, Firenze for 3 nights in April. Friendly staff, 2 star simple hotel with clean & basic amenities. we choose the hotel cos its near to the stazione & U can find a lot of shops & restuarants around this area. <BR>So if u have a lot of luggages & looking for somewhere reasonable near the stazione, Lomabrdy is a good choice. I saw Pendini Hotel when we were walking around. Its not that near to the stazione ... if U have more than 2 big pieces of luggages. If we are ever in Firenze, we wd definitely choose this hotel again. <BR> <BR>In Roma,we did not stay at any of yr mentioned hotels. We stayed at Hotel Canada that is a 3 star hotel. Good location for us as we wanted somewhere near the stazione. If U want to have the email address, mail me directly. Ill be happy to help U. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 03:36 AM
Monica

Hi Tom, <BR> <BR>I was in Italy May 1998 and stayed at Hotel Smeraldo. It was about $85 per night, which included taxes; private bathroom. It's a small pensions, so I don't know if this is your style. My husband and I really enjoyed it. It was comfortable and in a great location, just a few minute walk to the Campo di Fiori. It's on a narrow street, so it was quiet in the evenings. I like the smaller hotels and know I'd go back there again. You can get the hotel information by doing a search "My LONG story." Or email me directly and I can get it for you tonight. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 03:54 PM
topper

!