Store closing hours in Spain?

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 11:08 AM
Paulo

Store closing hours in Spain?

The last time I was in Spain (Madrid) some 30 years ago, if I'm not mistaken, the stores closed around 8pm in the summer. Is that so? <BR> <BR>At what time should I expect stores to shut in smaller cities like Granada, Cordoba, Toledo and Salamanca? <BR>Paulo <BR>

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 11:45 AM
Randy

I lived in Madrid about 30 years ago, too,and I was quite surprised when I returned to live there for a year in 1996 to find that store hours are still pretty much the same. Just as in the late 60s,the big department stores (like Corte Ingles) still stay open all day, but all little shope close from about 2-5, then reopen till around 8. I found the same pattern in travels all around the country.

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 11:51 AM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>Yep, they still close early, just like most of the other countries. We were there this past spring. Lots of people still wandering around at night though, mostly checking out the little cafes and/or night life.

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 06:03 AM
Paulo

Thanks ... so I'll guess I'll have to call it quits on sightseeing around 6pm so that my wife be able to do what she enjoys most ... shop strolling from 6pm to 8pm <BR>Paulo <BR>

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 03:59 PM
topper

!