Need hotel help in Italy!

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 09:51 PM
Tom Harmon

Need hotel help in Italy!

Will be traveling to Florence and Rome in November as an adjunct to a business trip to Munich. Too cold in Munich, and been there before, so we're heading South to Italy.

Has anyone heard of and or could you rate the following hotels: Florence...Hotel Alba, Hotel Lombardi, Hotel Pendini.

Rome:...Hotel Piazza Di Spagna, Hotel Adriatic, Hotel Amalia, Hotel Marcus, and Hotel Tirreno.

Been to Florence and Rome before, didn't know better so we booked expensive hotels. Don't want to do that again!

Thanks for your help,

Tom

Old Jul 5th, 1999, 02:39 PM
Paulo

In Rome, I haven't been to any of them. Anyways, regarding location I guess I would like the ***Piazza di Spagna best (though possibly it should be the most expensive one your list). The **Marcus would be my 2nd choice. The locations of the **Adriatic and **Amalia (near St. Peter's) and the ***Tirreno (near S. Maria Maggiore) are not my preferred ones. Certainly cheaper than the Piazza di Spagna and the Tirreno, maybe a bit more expensive than the other three, I would prefer the **Campo dei Fiori (though the best rooms are on the top floor and there's no lift ...) or the Albergo del Sole.

In Florence, we've been to the ***Pendini and would go back with no problem. Nothing very special but good location, friendly staff and service, etc. Rooms to the internal court are quieter. The **Lombardi is close to the train station and should be quite cheaper. Once we stayed in the area (don't remember exactly which hotel) and found it ok, location wise. In the same price range of the Alba, though, I would recommend the Le Vigne, on Piazza Sta. Maria Novella. Nothing special, but clean and very friendly service. The ***Alba is on the "wrong" side of the train station, on a relatively noisy street. Unless somebody rages about it very enthusiastically, I would prefer Pendini's location hands down (well, unless maybe if I had to catch a train at 6am or so <g>).
Pa

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 03:10 PM
kam

Another vote for the Pendini.

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 06:27 PM
topper

!

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 06:08 AM
topper

!