Search

good B&B's

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 04:58 PM
Terry and Nancy Flynn

good B&B's

We are taking a trip to Ireland this September (09/04-09/16/99)Can you suggest any noce B&B's in places like Doolin (cliffs of Moher), Limerick,Dingle,Killarney,Macroom,Kenmare,Kinsale, Blarney,Cobb,CAshel,Kilkenny,Waterford,Wexford. Would appreciate any restaurant places as well.. thank you

Old Jun 10th, 1999, 08:05 PM
Amita

I stayed at a place called the Lighthouse in Dingle, and at Sea View House in Doolin. Both places were clean and lovely; in Dingle we had a view of the harbor. If you email me, I'll give you the contact information.

Old Jun 20th, 1999, 06:14 PM
Christine

Can't give you any information based on personal experience yet, because we're not going to Ireland until September. However, here's a web site that lists hundreds of hotels, guesthouses, B&Bs and lists the cost as well as the amenities. It lists the hotel by location, so you'll be able to easily search for something near the places you'd like to stay. We even received 3 different books … one is just hotels, the other is B&Bs and the third is on farmhouses. They're beautifully put together 4-color books with pictures of all of the places in question so you can see what your hotel/b&b looks like. It also gives a little bit of information about all with e-mail addresses, fax and phone numbers, too. The pictures are also shown on the web site. <BR> <BR>Good luck and have a great time! <BR>

Old Jul 1st, 1999, 05:31 PM
Marcia

Just returned 6/29. Went to Doolin but did not stay there. We stayed in Ballyvaughan and loved it there. We stayed in a very nice B&B Rusheen Lodge. Rita and John McGann are very hospitable and friendly. We paid 60 pound for a regular room and suites are 90. Lovely. Dingle stayed in Greenmount House. Lovely accommodation and great view of town and harbor. Is walking distance to town. Kenmare - Shelburne Lodge - nicest place we stayed. Kinsale - Desmond House(very adequate - big room - good location - slightly away from hustle and bustle. Waterford - didn't stay there but picked up a card for Brown's House. Sounded and looked very nice.

Old Jul 5th, 1999, 01:25 PM
Matt

I am helping to plan a trip to Ireland in the next 6 weeks. We have flight plans taken care of, but sights, B&B's and rooming houses are important! Two college students budgets... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Most likely flying into Dublin, but from there, the skys the limit! <BR>

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 05:30 PM
Ellen Ganley

We spent 18 days in Ireland last month. Two guesthouses (B and Bs with more than 5 rooms) I can recommend are the Castle Lodge in Killarney (nicely located near the town center and recently renovated) and the Old Prebytery in Kinsale (lovely rooms, good location and the best breadkfasts in Ireland). Email me if you would like the telephone numbers or email addresses.

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 05:10 AM
topper

!