Need holiday ideas for 2 weeks in June with 4 year old

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need inspiration for a 2 week holiday in Europe in June with my husband and our 4 year old. We are looking for a destination that provide both culture and relaxation. Our ideal escape would include one week sightseeing/immersing ourselves in the culture of our destination and then 1 week in an all-singing, all-dancing beach resort with plenty of kids activities and a trustworthy kids club. We've been to Cyprus, Greece, Spain, Mallorca, Northern/Central Italy & France and, although I wouldn't object to returning to these countries, a different country would be welcome. Maybe Portugal, Sardinia, Turkey or Corsica? Please inspire me!
Old Feb 19th, 2010, 02:22 PM

Ok... we have the perfect solution for you (but would like some similar advice in return..)... we recommend Lagos in the Algarve, Portugal... stay in the Marina Club... and check out the one to one swimming lessons for children... our 4 yr is still talking about them... Lots of culture nearby, one of the best beaches and some great restaurants etc... We love it so much we've been there almost every year since our daughter was born.... Now for the trade off... Can you give us some like-minded suggestions from the places you've visited as we are desperate to try somewhere new.... We have a 4 year old and also a new baby and we are looking for somewhere that's not too quiet, but with sunshine, sandy beaches (a must) good for kids and great accommodation...
Old Feb 19th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Great idea. I'll check it out, thanks. Where are you flying from? If you are anything like us, flying anywhere over 5 hours becomes torture with a 4 year old in tow! Let me know & I'll gladly give you some suggestions, but one of my favorites with our little guy was the Sani Resort in Greece.
There are several hotels to choose from at the resort. We chose the Asterias Suites because they provide solitude away from the crowds, wonderful service and were very child-friendly. We never had to fight for a chaise on the beach, which ranks highly on my list of "must haves" when choosing accomodation!
Old Feb 19th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Original Poster

Note: Our son was only 10 weeks old when we went to Sani so unfortunately my recommendation comes without having experienced their toddler facilities.
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 11:29 AM

A brilliant recommendation and it ticked ALL our boxes... I was so excited reading the review on Trip Advisor... however it's working out at 6.5K euros before we even add in flights which is too expensive for us.... Do you have any other recommendations that might be a tad cheaper...?
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Cyprus was lovely. We went before our son was born, but since I've been researching our next holiday destination I've come across numerous "great family resorts" lists with Cyprus hotels in them. Might be worth looking into....
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 11:43 AM

Hi

We also came across another place that may interest you.

http://villajalon.com/

Found it on a site called babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk some lovely looking places.