Reload this Page >

Need Help with Golf at Turnberry

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 01:01 PM
Ken Guralnik

I am taking my 82-year-old father-in-law to Scotland to play golf in June... Playing at Turnberry, St. Andrews, and Carnoustie is the only thing left in life that he really wants to do. We want to play on Turnberry Ailsa on Monday, June 18, 2001, as we are trying to get as many chances to play at St. Andrews later that week. We already have Carnoustie set for Friday. <BR> <BR>I am really trying to get as many things confirmed to lower his stress and disappointment level. <BR> <BR>Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 09:40 PM
Sue

Maybe I'm just dense, but what exactly *is* your problem? You've called and they're booked? or what? It's hard for people to give help if they don't know what you want.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 05:34 AM
Sheila

Ken <BR> <BR>Whilst I'm not sure what the question is either, the answer appears to be:- <BR> <BR>If you're staying at the hotel you get priority for booking and can book now. If you're not,priority is given to residents and members and you will only get a booking 10 days in advance. You can send a fax request now by phoning Lacqueline McKenzie on 01655 334032. She will send you a form to complete and you then fax it back. They will keep it on file and come back to you 10 days later. <BR> <BR>Their guess is that they should be able to accommodate you but it is likely to be very early or later in the day

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 06:16 AM
Sue

Wow, Sheila, I'm impressed!

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 07:28 AM
Ken

Thank you Shiela... I'll give that a try. <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 08:51 PM
ratsnest

Need help with golf? My best advice is to keep your head down.