Search

Lauda Air?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 04:07 PM
Kim

Lauda Air?

<BR>Anyone have any personal experience flying Lauda Air out of Miami? I'm trying to work an open jaw from Miami to Rome returning from Milan in the fall and Lauda Air seems to have the best R/T coach fare at $644.00. The flights connect with Lufthansa in Munich. Any and all comments appreciated!

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 05:53 PM
Rex

Lauda is part of the Austrian Airlines group, and by extension part of the Star alliance. their website strongly gives the appearance of a sound company, and with some award-winning credentials to boot - - www.laudaair.com/e/sitemap/index.asp is a site map of their website, where you can get a lot of questions answered about the company. <BR> <BR>I have never flown with this company - - had a trip that I considered using them (booking through a travel agent - - she assured that they were a "standard" IATA carrier) - - but I never could get the dates to work out to fly into Salzburg, and went in to Munich instead. <BR> <BR>I realize this isn't the same as personal experience. It comes from my "almost used them - researched them and couldn't it make it work out" memory banks. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 06:13 PM
Kim

<BR>Rex: <BR> <BR>Thanks. I had looked at their website and know of one woman at work who has flown them to Munich a couple of times. She said the flights were decent and the food good, so maybe I don't need to worry. The flight over is on a 767-300 which I believe is a 2/3/2 configuration in coach. Just hoping I could get one more bit of positive reinforcement before I take the plunge! Thanks again.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 08:17 PM
Jennifer

My family and I flew Lauda Air from Miami to Munich last year. It was great. Each seat has there own screen so you can watch movies, listen to music, play games, shop, look out at the different views. My husband watched his movies my daughter watched hers and I watched mine. The time really flew by. Not to mention the entire time they are either bringing food or drinks by you. We are traveling again to Europe we just wish it was on Lauda Air. Have fun!!!!

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 10:46 PM
Kim

<BR>Thanks Jennifer. My wife and I flew American to Argentina last year. The 777 had the personal consoles, and you're right, they did help to pass the time! Just wish there was a little more legroom. I'm sure we'll manage just fine. Thanks for your comments.

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 01:57 AM
Chris

Hi! A few years ago I flew with them on the short Munich to Vienna hop, which back then was an extension of the Miami to Munich trans-Atlantic flight. It was perfectly OK! They are a serious and sound Austrian company, they are partly owned by Austrian Airlines and Lufthansa, and hence their standards are comparable to these last two. <BR>Have fun! <BR>