Reload this Page >

McDonalds & Pret a Manger?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 10:39 AM
Judy

Hello all, just curious to hear what die hard Pret fans think about McD's foray into more tasty cuisine. I really loved their sandwiches...I hope they stay the same. <BR>I will try it when I go abck to London. <BR>Judy :-0

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 12:42 PM
Jim

Having just been in London I had a few of those wonderful Pret sandwiches. I love them.,especially eating them at the Leicester Square one where the people watching is so good.

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 01:03 PM
Tom

McD's will never touch Pret's great food. Try the ginger cake with frosting. Hear they are getting Pret in NYC!! <BR> <BR>PS noticed all the Pret knockoffs that have popped up all over London.

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 07:31 PM
Mara

There is a Pret on Broad Street in lower Manhattan (about 2 blocks south of Wall Street).

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 07:35 PM
Lee

Oh No! I didn't realize there were Pret knock offs. How will I know the difference? I just loved eating there the last time I was in London. I'd like to be sure I'm enjoying the 'real' thing.

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 07:49 AM
Anonymous

What the hell is a Pret?

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 12:34 PM
Mike

Upmarket sandwich bar - emphasis on fresh ingredients. <BR> <BR>According to the boss, Pret get £32 million to start opening shops all over Manhattan as fast as their little real estate portfolios will let them - and MacDonalds leave them alone. He may be right ... <BR> <BR>He also insists that Pret will not start selling hamburgers.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 02:43 PM
Doug Weller

I like some Pret sandwiches, and the cakes, etc. are great. I don't see McD's messing with them. <BR> <BR>Daily Mail did a nutritional comparison -- McD's came out better for less calories and, believe it or not, less fat. It's all that mayo! <BR> <BR>Doug

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 03:06 PM
Cindy

I, too, loved Pret while visiting London. For not much money, you get a wonderful, fresh, inventive little sandwich. Perfect for the tourist on the go. We sure could use more places like Pret in Washington, D.C.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 03:44 PM
kevin

What does Mc D have to do with Pret? Did they buy the chain?

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 03:55 PM
Judy

Yes, McD's bought a large part of the Pret a Manger upscale sandwich chain based in London. Doug: that is a very interesting fact about nutrition, and calories,,,,go figure! Judy ;-)

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 03:38 AM
Sylvia

Goodbye to the ethical baguette? Pret seem to think that the revolting McDonalds will never gain overall control, but I hae ma doots.