Need help with Bristol?

Search

Need help with Bristol?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with Bristol?

We arrive 3:30pm in Bristol and fly out the second morning. We need a hotel that is convenient to and from the airport and some restaurant recommendations. Should we stay at the airport hotel, ie Holiday Inn (which would not accomodate 3 in a room for our case)? Please give some advice and tips for the day. Thanks.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 08:32 AM

Bristol is a surprisingly nice town for an industrial area.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 08:49 AM

BRS is about 30 minutes from City Center by coach or car. Distance is only a few miles, but traffic is pretty slow.

There's really nothing near the Holiday Inn. I think unless your flight out is very early, you may want to stay in town.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 08:59 AM

Pleas clarify - on both of your threads you say you are flying out the "second morning". Do you mean the next morning or 2 days later?

If just the next morning I'd stay in the city center, explore Bristol and take public transport out to the airport the next a.m.

But if you meant 2 days later - then I wouldn't stay in Bristol at all. I'd rent a car and spend your day and a half exploring the eastern Cotswolds, or South Wales, or Bath.

If you didn't want to rent a car you could take the train Gloucester, Cheltenham, Cardiff or Bath.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 10:53 AM

Try typing "tourist information bristol" into google. You get lots of links, including www.visitbristol.co.uk and www.bristolconnect.co.uk, plus many more with lots of information on places to stay, things to do, etc. Bristol is a pleasant city, and I definitely would not stay out by the airport which is in the middle of nowhere. It's only about 10 miles out, so a taxi or bus into the city would make sense, even just for night.
The harbourside is a hip and trendy area now; SS Great Britain; Clifton Gorge and the stunning Suspension Bridge; the cathedral: all are worth a visit. Plus there are good theatres, concert halls, galleries and museums. Have a good visit!