Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need advise on these Rome rentals? Anyone stayed in any of them?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've finally narrowed down rental for 1 week in Rome.

Need advise if anyone has used any of these apartments. I would also appreciate any advise on locations. Most of them are in the same vicinity but wondered if one is better than another. I guess some streets are narrower than others? Because the streets are narrow, and buildings are facing each other so closely, I wonder if these units get much light? When looking at it on google maps, streets that I thought would be a bigger road turns out to be almost like a little alleyway when I do a street view. Of course, like anywhere in the world, always remembering to exercise caution, but for these smaller streets branching off from the "main" road, is it considered safe to walk through at night, and are the smaller streets well-lit?

https://www.sleepinitaly.com/en/show...d_appartam=111

https://www.sleepinitaly.com/en/show...id_appartam=47

www.vrbo.com/115536 - via dei Cartari - great reviews of apartment but also of owner on vrbo site

For the following, no reviews on these whatsoever. One of the owners I spoke with said that these properties are owned by different members of the same family who each have their own unit listed. When they sent the private website for each unit, it looks like they have about 10 properties. It might very well all be true but since I don’t see any reviews except for one on one of the properties, I am uncomfortable renting without a direct recommendation from someone here…

www.vrbo.com/283439 - Piazza Sforza Cesarini, 41

www.vrbo.com/337627 - Via del Biscione, 78

www.vrbo.com/293633 - Via dei Cappellari, 60

THANK YOU!
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 10:10 PM

I think it's fine. But let's hear it from the others
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 07:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Sforza Cesarini apartment is--or used to be--listed on Rental in Rome. A Fodorite stayed there and enjoyed it; search for her report if you're looking for specific comments. Her name is Kristina.

And, of course always exercise some caution and pay attention to your surroundings, but in my experience small streets (a vicolo for example) in central Rome are perfectly safe.
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 08:34 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The Sforza Cesarini is listed on Rental in Rome as Accetti Palace and appears to be cheaper on that website.
http://www.rentalinrome.com/accetti/accetti.htm

Kristina's review:
http://www.wired2theworld.com/ROME2008Day1.html
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 08:48 AM

As you mentioned, these are all very close to one another. All locations are perfectly safe and convenient. Narrow streets are perfectly safe in this area of the city.

It's REALLY splitting hairs, but I'll give my location rankings, FWIW:

#1 id_appartam=111 & Via dei Cappellari, 60 (same location)

#2 Via del Biscione, 78

#3 Piazza Sforza Cesarini, 41

#4 id_appartam=47

#5 via dei Cartari

Personally, I would look more toward the physical apartment, furnishings, price, etc.
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for leely2 and kybourbon for the leads, and the link! I now have Kristina's review bookmarked as well. You're right, that is the same apartment in Rental in Rome - their pictures actually look much better and show the unit even better than the owner's own website.

I'm topping this to see if anyone else might be familiar with it.

Thanks!