Need advice for hotels and flights

Feb 28th, 2016, 12:00 AM
Original Poster

Need advice for hotels and flights

Hello

We are late 20s couple travelling to Greece (covering Athens, Santorini, Mykonos and Crete) during the last two weeks of August.

Could anyone please advice which are the 'best websites' to book hotels and flights - by best I mean specifically in terms of cancellation fees (ideally I'm looking for ones which won't charge any cancellation fee).

I ask so because Greece is our second preference for holiday this year. Our first preference is to go to SE Asia in November. However, after foreseeing a probably job shift by my wife, we are planning an alternative just in case she does not manage to get leaves In November.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Aman
Feb 28th, 2016, 01:43 AM

If you mean internal flights, the best website is http://en.aegeanair.com booking flexible tickets. Note that August is very busy on the Greek Islands, Santorini and Mykonos among the busiest of all. You might be able to book hotels without paying a deposit on booking(dot)com, but I'm not sure about cancellation policies.
Feb 28th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

thank you, Heimdall
Feb 28th, 2016, 09:34 AM

For hotels I use booking dot com. Put in your city and dates and it will give you availability and prices as well as reviews. It often has two prices one with no cancellation and one a bit higher with free cancellation up to about 5 days before arrival.
There are other sites with similar features Expedia for instance.
Feb 29th, 2016, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

thanks Stanbr.

Do you have any similar websites for airline tickets?
Feb 29th, 2016, 07:29 AM

If you are concerned about the possibility of cancellation, it is better to book directly with the airline rather than through a third party website. That's why I suggested the Aegean Airlines website and a Flex Fare booking, which has a cancellation charge of €45. Business Class tickets are fully refundable.
http://en.about.aegeanair.com/travel...193.1454002105
Feb 29th, 2016, 12:43 PM

I always use skyscanner for flights, gives you a wide choice and when is cheapest to go etc.

Another good one for flight is Momondo, basically the same as skyscanner!

For hotels, booking.com, again has a wide choice, free cancellation in most places, some right up to the day before! breakfast options are also included!

Novemeber for SE asia may be stormy and rainy! I was just in Thailand early December to mid January. The weather was not good for the first half of the trip!

Good luck!