Reload this Page >

Need a rollercoaster fix

Search

Need a rollercoaster fix

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2002, 06:59 AM
VickiV

Need a rollercoaster fix

We've been in Europe for a year, did a day at Disneyland Paris last Thanksgiving, and need another fix. Don't worry, we've done lots of castles, churches, museums, walks and culture (and cab ride in Naples came close to a rollercoaster) but we just need that fix! Any suggestions? I'd like them all over Europe, so as we travel we know what to look for. No lectures on better use of our time, you need time to laugh and scream together as a family too!

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:01 AM
Ann

Alton Towers in England. Somewhere in the Midlands, not horribly far from Birmingham.

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:31 AM
mark

http://www.rcdb.com/<BR><BR>Check this web site - should be able to tell you where to go in Europe for your fix. Being a roller coaster lover all my life, I totally understand.

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:32 AM
mark

click on "tree view" for direct access to European rollercoasters

Old May 1st, 2002, 08:05 AM
Rex

Parc Asterix has at least one or two bona fide "montagnes russes" (yes, the literal translation is what you think it means - - "Russian mountains")<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old May 1st, 2002, 09:06 AM
up up up

and yes, it will later go back down down down.<BR><BR>

Old May 29th, 2002, 05:26 PM
fun

fun question, now that summer is here!<BR>

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 11:47 AM
VickiV

We actually found a great park very close by, Europa Park, it has 7 rollercoasters, including one called the SilverStar which is sponsored by Mercedes and is AWESOME - very smooth, but with a huge drop to start. So if you're down near Strausburg it is well worth the trip. We also went to SixFlags Belgium and found it ok, but nothing special. Europa equates to the KingsIsland/KingsDominion parks in quality and cleanliness, much better than any SixFlags we have been to, either in Europe or the states.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 01:29 PM
b

Vicki,<BR>When I lived in Germany about a decade (!!) ago, the entry area to the rides at the amusement parks we went to were quite different. They were kind of a slow-moving platform that moved in a circle. I don't even know how to describe them. Was there anything like this at Europa Park?

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 10:17 PM
VickiV

Yes, they had a couple of very unique entries and coasters I'd never seen before. One of the coasters went around in circles as it was going around the tracks (Think teacups at Disney). Another took us up an elevator, then pushed us out onto the track. It was a ton of fun, and we're going back in Oct - here's hoping the weather holds!