Need a Hotel In SORRENTO

Dec 12th, 2001, 09:37 AM
nickki

Need a Hotel In SORRENTO

I will be in Sorrento in early June for my Honeymoon and need a romantic hotel with nice sea views. We would like to spend no more than $150 a night. Also, where is it nicer for a honeymoon trip, Sorrento or Positano??

Dec 12th, 2001, 10:03 AM
paul

I liked very much the Eden Roc in Positano.
they do have a very nice terrace with splendid sea views it is a 4 stars hotel that is affordable. Service was excellent. I booked through CircumVista all my trip in Italy and got a credit for future bookings, as well maps and brohures. Web page:
http://circumvista.com/HotelEdenRoc.html
Have a great honeymoon!
Paul

Dec 12th, 2001, 10:54 AM
sandi

I would recommend that you do a search on this forum for Sorrento hotels, to get personal info. You may also want to check www.venere.it for a wide selection of hotels. We stayed in a decent hotel (Hotel Villa Maria) and it had a spectacular views, but I wouldn't recommend it for a honeymoon. Good Luck.

Dec 12th, 2001, 01:52 PM
Barb

Forget Sorrento - Positano is much nicer and more interesting for honeymooners. I stayed at this beautiful old place called Villa Rosa - we had our own rose garden where we were served croissants, juice and coffee on a perfect blue sky morning overlooking the island of Capri - you needed a crane to get me out of there. Bathroom was my only complaint - it was one of those shower in the middle of the floors of the whole room deals. Hated Sorrento and we actually turned our car around and drove back to Positano for two extra days of our trip.

Dec 12th, 2001, 04:02 PM
Barb

Nickki: I absolutely loved Sorrento. As a matter a fact, I am going back next Oct. I stayed at the La Minervetta. The view was exactly like many of the postcards you can buy. I had a hard time convincing people back home that it was actually the view from our room. Wonderful restaurant on the terrace over looking the Bay. Staff and, in particular, the waiters, were wonderful. It is a short walk to town. I really enjoyed Positana too, but it is very small and I think I would get bored there for more than a day. You can see everything in one afternoon. There is not much to do in the evening if you are looking for any kind of night life. I guess it just depends on what you enjoy doing. I think Sorrento is a great base to do day trips from. Have a wonderful honeymoon wherever you decide to go. Ciao!