Need a hotel & info on Prague

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2005, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plan to go to Prague with 21 yr old daughter for 2 nights the end of April.Any suggestions on reasonably priced hotel? What should we make sure we see in this short time?
Thanks
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 04:57 PM

How much do you want to spend on the hotel?

Two nights and two days?

for suggestions on things to do on short visits, click at the top of this screen on Destinations and you will get to fodors's information on Prague, including suggested itinerary. See which venues appeal to you, perhaps organize them into a list, and then ask for further input here.

One must see imo is the Castle complex, but that will take about half a day.
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 05:14 PM

For reasonable prices, consider an apartment -- they can be rented for as few as 2 days.

Look at www.pragueholidays.cz, only one of many sites.

If you identify a likely place, others here will advise on location etc
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 05:16 PM
Original Poster

hotel price range is $100 - $150 night. We will be there 2 nights and not quite 2 days.
thanks
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:12 PM

look into the Cloister Inn or the Certovka
both have excellent locations
you can search for comments here, or at tripadvisor.com
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 06:44 PM
rex

Look into the offerings of www.athos.cz

See also www.livingprague.com

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 02:30 AM

ttt
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 06:58 AM

you could try happyhouserentals.com. i just booked a roome thru them.

another thread on them:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34593586
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 04:57 PM

The Hotel Axa was our choice when we stayed 4-nights in Prague in February. Reasonable price, I think about $100 US.

The Axa is a tourist class hotel in a good area with a tram stop just outside the door and an underground stop about .5km at Republic Square. In fact in walking distance to most of the major sights. It is about 1km from the rail station if you will be traveling to or from Vienna or Budapest.

The Axa had a very nice breakfast buffet that was included in the price. The room was very basic, but had good beds. No hot water for shower until 7AM.
We booked it on one of the internet hotel web sites. Sorry that I can't remember which one but I think that if you do a search you will find it.

From this hotel you can walk to the Old Town Square and Charles Bridge. I would recomend that you take the tram to the Castle.

Happy travels
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 05:23 PM

Uscun, If i could piggyback a question here: when you contacted happyhouserental, how long did it take them to reply back? I emailed them on either Thurs/Fri last week because I will be in Prague for 5 days in July, so I wanted a cheaper place, and somewhere where they have a small frig to store water/fruits.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 06:16 PM

Happyhouse sometimes takes a WHILE to email back. They have nice offerings, but their inconsistent service scares me...

I just came back from Prague, and stayed at the Hotel Grand Praha on Old Town Square. Very nice hotel. I booked it through Athos (a-prague is the same agency). Would stay there again anytime. Reasonable rates, too.

If you want an apartment, go through an agency that responds right away, like athos, or www.travel.cz, or www.pragueaccommodations.cz
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 06:24 PM

amp32, thanks for your reply. I am looking for a reasonable single room at a pension/hotel, preferably not over 75-80 Euro per night because I will be in Prague for 5 days. I have contacted several places through emails and haven't received anything back from anyone. I guess fax would be a more convincing attempt in their hotel's perception.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 06:36 PM

We stayed at the Pension Ditzenhofer in '97. It was under $100, great location on Kampa Island, and an especially nice room.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 06:42 PM

Hi I also recommend Pension Dientzenhofer. My husband and daughter and I stayed there last year in April. We had a two bedroom suite. It was great. They have an excellent breakfast and we found the people to be very welcoming and helpful. The location is great. We loved Prague.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 02:23 PM

Look on www.hotelsprague.cz

You will find all kinds of deals with various prices.They reply quickly, and have good accomodation choices. There are pensions, apartments, as well as hotels.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 02:38 PM

I had a nice time at Pension Corto on Nerudova Street last year; I believe we paid a bit than $100 per night for a reasonably spacious double room with a view of the Castle (out a small window, but still a lovely view). We were in the attic, so we also had a charming pitched ceiling and the room generally had a fresh and open feel. (There's no air conditioning, so I worried it might be hot, but actually we were using our heater there at the end of May.) Our bathroom was across the hall, but it was ours alone and also very clean, spacious, and pretty, with another nice window and view. I believe this pension is rather new, which perhaps accounts for the fresh feeling of the rooms. Also, we reserved online; they responded promptly and were very patient with my inquiries and requests in regard to particular rooms and amenities.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 02:40 PM

Sorry--I meant to say a bit LESS than $100 per night.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 04:14 PM

h2babe,
i waited between 1-2 days for replies back. i think you get assigned a specific person (i got petr), so you don't know what happened to a person...sick or what not. i say send off another email. if not i can find petr's direct email and post if for you.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 04:18 PM

amp, i also waited for days w/ athos.

h2babe, here is petr's email:
[email protected]

here is a link to all the emails for happy house:
http://www.happyhouserentals.com/bios.php

you could also try out prague4seasons.cz, slavica was a real stand up guy to work w/ eventhough i went w/ happyhouse. i just liked the location better, but rates were very close.
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 04:26 PM

Before you book Pension Deintzenhofer, do a search on this forum (type Pension Dientzenhofer in the search box at the top of this page). There was an extremely negative review of this hotel posted last year on this forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -