Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need a guide to Stonehenge from Bath - Anybody know Glenn????

Old Feb 14th, 2003, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to go to Stonehenge from Bath and I read in a message from 2001 that there's a guide named Glenn that will take us . Does anyone know Glenn or another guide I can contact???
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 09:54 AM
jor

I went on a guided small bus tour from Bath to Stonehenge. It departed from Hostlels and the Bath Train station.<BR><BR>I can't remember the name but you can ask about it when you arrive. Call one of the Hostels for info. It was a fantasick day trip.
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 02:15 AM

Cheriegal - are you looking for a guide or just a transfer? <BR><BR>
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 03:33 AM
Original Poster

Steve - I just want to get from Bath to Stonehenge and then back to London. We don't like tours because we like to go at our own pace. I can get the high speed train from London to Bath in 70 minutes - that way we could spend some time in Bath - then go to Stonehenge - then back to Bath and back to London. So a guide or a transfer - actually a transfer would be better. Do you know how I can do it??? Thanks
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 05:59 AM

If you want to retain some flexibility, I suggest take the train to SALISBURY. Right at the station there you can book a bus that leaves regulary from the station to Stonehenge (there is no other way except for cab, very pricey).Upon your return, tour the beautiful cathedral and charming town, then hop the train back to London.
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 07:22 PM

10 days ago I visited Bath for the first time in my life. A full day would only just be enough! Train to Bath, hire a care and drive to Stonehenge would be my choice.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 07:41 AM

Cheriegal - I suggest you get a transfer from Bath to Stonehenge, then on to Salisbury (where you could spend a couple of hours visiting the city), then return to London from there. <BR><BR>This would be better than returning to Bath.<BR>Bath-Stonehenge takes about an hour by car.<BR> <BR>I think you'd need to leave Bath about 1.00 or 1.30 p.m to leave you time to visit Stonehenge &amp; Salisbury.<BR><BR>For a transfer quote try Andrew. <BR>His e-mail is [email protected]<BR><BR>Hope this helps ...<BR><BR>Steve