Need a beach hotel on the Amalfi Coast

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2019, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello very helpful people. We are working on the second part of our Italy 2020 trip. We are 2 adults and 2 kids (13 and 5). I would like to stay for 4 days at the Covo dei Saraceini but we are also interested in spending 3 days in another Amalfi area but we want beach and pool. Budget is under $550 us dollars per night. Any suggestions?
Old Aug 1st, 2019, 07:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What are your sightseeing plans for the area? Changing hotels might not be necessary unless you just 'want' to change. With 4 people, I'd rather not move unless I needed/wanted to be close/closer to something like Pompei, Naples, Paestum, etc.

Are you looking for a quad room, a suite, or what...?
Old Aug 1st, 2019, 12:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've commented on both of your threads... Since this trip isn't until next year, I would consider changing the itinerary to go to the AC first and Rome second. The train journey from FCO to Naples would take 2 hours, and you could hire a car or take a taxi to your Positano hotel. If Pompeii or Naples or a day trip to Capri are on your sightseeing list, you could spend the first couple of nights in Sorrento or Naples and then move to Positano. Or you could spend all of your extra nights on Capri and ferry to Positano.

If you visit Rome last, there would be no need to stay near FCO on your last night in Italy. The taxi ride from central Rome to FCO only takes about 35-40 minutes.

You could also look into flying into Naples and out of Rome.