NE Spain: Barcelona? More?

Mar 27th, 2001, 11:55 AM
Scott

NE Spain: Barcelona? More?

Hello! I will be studying abroad in Valladolid this summer, and I want to take a weekend trip to Barcelona while I am there.

First, is it possible? I have already been told that a weekend trip to Granada may not be possible (I don't necessarily believe him, but what do I know?).

Second, what should I go see while I am there? Obviously the Sagrada Familia would be cool, but what else?

Any other thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!!

Mar 27th, 2001, 01:04 PM
Rex

Barcelona? Books, Scott, books. And this will be a longer train trip than Granada!

And the website www.timeout.com is a good over view for major cities like Barcelona (and others on your list too).

Best wishes,

Rex

Mar 27th, 2001, 08:51 PM
mkrueg

I assume since you are a student that you will not be renting a car, therefore, weekend trips to either place will be long!!!!! either plan to have a bit more time or you'd be better off trying to hit Madrid, which I assume you're probably already planning. It also depends on what you want out of that weekend too. just partying or the sights, picos de europa (mountains) or even beach?! wait till you get there and you'll meet people and you'll be directed more spontaneously, just have a couple books ready so you can brush up on the place beforehand so you know what's important not to miss. have a great summer.

Mar 27th, 2001, 10:39 PM
John

Wonderful city---saw it two years ago with my wife and two children--we were all enthralled.

Walk around the old part of the city--one could wander those narrow alleys for days.

See all the buildings designed by Gaudi--including the structures in the park in Barcelona ( all just as intersting as La Sagrada Familia)

Mar 28th, 2001, 11:38 PM
topper

topping