Search

Nazare

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nazare

NAZARE – Oct 28

Drove to Nazare this morning. Beach front resort town just a short drive from Lisbon. We decided to stop here because of a B&B I had read about.

*Had reservations as Quinta das Rosas. This was one of the lovliest B&B’s we have ever visited. Beautiful grounds up on a hill above the ocean. The B&B itself was warm and welcoming. Our room was large and we had a seaview patio. It was exquisite. John and Anna were wonderful hosts and made us feel right at home. The décor was beautiful and for the rate of 70 E per night inclusive, we were served a gourmet breakfast. My only regret was that we didn’t spend 2 nights here. There were many small villages to visit for daytrips but since we were on our way to Lisbon, we did not have time to explore this area.

Favorites:
Quinta das Rosas
Anna & John, owners of Quinta
The wild autumn waves
Shellfish dinner at a local restaurant (?)
View from our room
Breakfast
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 04:00 PM

Thanks for the report Grandma. Did you know that you could have all your posts together as one?
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Lily. I guess I should have written them all at once and then bundled them into 1 post. Too late now. I still have to write my Lisbon visit and since that was our very favorite in Portugal, it will take me more time. As much as I have loved our trips to Spain, Portugal was really a gift. I loved every day there and especially time spent in Lisbon. Absolutely LOVED Lisbon. I will post that tomorrow. Too tired tonight
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Looking forward to your report on Lisbon Grandma. And I think I'm going to take your recommendation of Quinta das Rosas in Nazare for our trip in September. Also interested to hear the you love Spain, as I do, but that Portugal is also wonderful.
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Lily

I will post my Lisbon report either this afternoon or tomorrow. I am enclosing the website of the Quinta. I think you will agree it is lovely.

http://www.quintadasrosas.com/index.htm