Nafplio hotels

Old Apr 30th, 2000, 11:41 AM
Tom

Nafplio hotels

Can anyone suggest a good hotel in Nafplio? Thanks.

Old May 2nd, 2000, 05:18 AM
Paulo

In July 98 we stayed 3 nights at the very nice 4-star Amalia (all ammenities), paying approx. US 120 for a double. It's very close to the ruins of Tiryns. If you don't have a car I wouldn't recommend it, though. It's a 5-min drive into town. Get a look at
http://www.dilos.com/hotel/amalia_nafplion.html

Paulo

Old May 2nd, 2000, 06:03 AM
Sandy

Hi Tom,

If you want a good, clean, central budget hotel, we stayed at Hotel Acropol, Vasilissis Olgas 9, ph 17-796. It is one block off the main street and we could see the ocean from our balcony (we had room 5, a corner room). This hotel was recommended by both Let's Go and Lonely Planet. We paid about $22/night (Mar 98) for a double room w/bath. Great deal!

Old May 2nd, 2000, 06:11 AM
Tom

Paulo, Sandy, thanks!

Old May 28th, 2000, 10:14 AM
John

I stayed at the Xenia Palace (I just dug thru my Greece folder from 5 yrs ago) in Nafplion which was trés cool. It is an older hotel, now owned by the gov't as a historical site (and somewhat in need of refurbishment). It's above the town (a 15 min walk) adjacent to one of the old Venetian forts. It was THE hotel in the 50's and catered to many film and world famous personalities. It's quiet and with spectacular views of the bay. From it you can walk up the stairs to the Main Ventian Fort way up on top of the mt. (and it's NOT 999 steps like the brochures say...it's about 920 cuz I counted it both up and down).