We have been invited to a wedding on the island in mid-May and have been working through Fodors Greece for information. It mentions this forum so hopefully someone can help.
We will be 7 days on the island, staying at a town hotel, and will have four days to do some exploring. We have budgeted for the travel costs, accommodation, food and car rental as we know it will be more expensive than some of the other islands we have visited.
Although the guides give us good general information can anyone here perhaps give us some additional help about places that can be found especially linked to history, culture or even interesting places where folks don't normally go to. That's what we have been looking for in the guides because it's what we enjoy. Unfortunately there's not much else apart from the usual general stuff.
We will of course visit Delos which will be a real highlight for us and spend time in Mykonos town as we do know it is beautiful and, hopefully, will have plenty of color from the spring flowers??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland driving in March
- 2 Malaga Christmas lights
- 3 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 4 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 5 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 6 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 7 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 8 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 9 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 10 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 11 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 12 My France Vacation
- 13 Is it hard to find a job in Nikolaev, Ukraine?
- 14 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 15 London vacation rental agency
- 16 Greece during Easter week or August
- 17 Northern Spain road trip
- 18 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 19 Help with Spain itinerary
- 20 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 21 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 22 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 23 Where to stay in Naples?
- 24 Driving
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid