Mykonos Hotel Recommendations - Help!!

Apr 29th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Original Poster

Mykonos Hotel Recommendations - Help!!

Hi All - I am really running into a bind with finding a nice (and available!) hotel in Mykonos.

I was hoping to stay in town with a sea view. I have tried the Tagoo, Rochari, Vencia, Belvedere, and Hotel Harmony and none of these are available. I am hoping for something in this class of hotel - boutique, with some charm and a nice sea and town view. Any other recommendations?

Apparently, it is a Greek holiday weekend when I am travelling to Mykonos so many of the hotels are booked...Thanks! - Laura

P.S. The Hotel Harmony does have availability, but since I am arriving in Mykonos on a Saturday, they want to hold it for Fri-Sun reservations only - can travel agents usually work around this??
Apr 29th, 2008, 04:48 AM

Porto Mykonos, Myconian K Hotels, Semeli.
G.
Apr 29th, 2008, 04:50 AM

Hi Imavolio; Try mykonosgrand.gr They are outside of the town, so do not have a town view. But in addition to a pool, they have access to the ocean and a great 'sea view'. A delightfull and charming place to stay. ENJOY Iris
Apr 29th, 2008, 04:57 AM

when are you traveling to Mykonos?
Apr 29th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

I will be in Mykonos on June 14 - June 16th, checking out on June 17th - so 3 nights total, but apparently this conflicts with a big Greek holiday and lots of people are flocking to the beach I don't blame them, but I wish I would have booked this a bit sooner so that I could get my first choice of hotels!
Apr 29th, 2008, 08:00 AM

With hotelpricebot.com you can see what is free and the prices.
Use this link tinyurl.com/5ff436
Gaspard
Apr 29th, 2008, 03:20 PM

I agree with Gaspard about the Semeli. A great hotel whose public areas have superb views. It's in the Rochari district which is a very good location. Can I also suggest the Elena Hotel,also in the Rochari district? It's isn't so 'grand' but it is very good and some of its rooms have a sea view.

Another two to think about are the Theoxenia (beside the windmills in Mykonos town) or the Poseidon (great views over the town).

Bill
Apr 29th, 2008, 11:15 PM

Theoxenia is a distinguished hotel as is the Leto.
Bill could you check your mailbox?
G.
Apr 30th, 2008, 03:13 PM

Thanks G. I've just sent you a reply.

Bill
May 1st, 2008, 08:53 PM

Depending on what location you want - I LOVED the Deliades hotel in Ornos Bay. Not right in the thick of things but a quick bus/taxi ride into town. The hotel was awesome, the view superb and a quick walk down to Ornos Bay Beach (also where you can take a boat to Delos).