My Paris trip rocked!

Apr 26th, 2001, 07:33 AM
Molly

My Paris trip rocked!

So I just got back from a long weekend in Paris and I must say it was simply wonderful. Yes, it was freezing, but it didn't matter. Just wanted to mention a few restaurants that people should try. In fact, I got some of the restaurant names from this board.
Le P'tit Troquet: Small, cozy, near the Eiffel Tower (we went to see it right after dinner, a 10 minute walk). We munched on asparagus and artichoke salads, then I had the sea bass and my boyfriend had rabbit (both delicious), then a chocolate concoction and some amazing French cheese. We split a bottle of champagne and enjoyed the ambiance.

Chez la Mere Catherine in Montmartre, right near the circle of artists. Yummy French onion soup. The piano player was charming, as was the French woman who sang along with him.

La Fermette Marbeuf: We walked along the Champs Elysees and then had a hankering for a fine French lunch. That's when we stumbled upon this restaurant. It was cold out but we sat outside in our jackets and watched as the little dogs walked by with their owners. There was even a dog bath by the stairs of the restaurant so the hygenic dog could dust off her feet if need be. It was a fabulous time.

The Musee Rodin was a bit shabby inside, but the garden was sweet (although it should be even sweeter in a week from now when the roses come out).

A must: The Jacquemart-Andre museum. I think I may have the name a bit wrong, but it's on Blvd. Haussman and it boasts a mansion filled with beautiful art.

That's my trip in a nutshell. I can't wait to go back. Oh, and my hotel was great. The Ambassador on Haussman blvd, near the Opera house. I was fretting for weeks about where to stay, and you know what? It doesn't matter. You really can walk to any of the cool places, just bring your walking shoes.

Apr 26th, 2001, 07:39 AM
Ursula

Molly: What a nice report. I was happy to read that it does NOT that much matter where one stays. I COMPLETELY agree with you. A LOT of places can be reached by walking, metro or bus.
So, please, people if you cannot stay in the 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th, you can ALSO stay in the 1st, 4th, 14th, 15th, 11th, 12th and the 16th! Keep that in mind, if your first hotel choices should be fully booked for the date you require.

Apr 26th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Thyra

Molly, great report, glad you loved my favorite Paris restaurant, Le Fermette Marbeuf!!! Did you get a chance to see the interior? The Belle Epoch stained glass that was recently discovered and restored??? Divine. So glad you had a great time.

Apr 26th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Capo

Nice report, Molly...thanks! Glad you had a great time in one of the world's most beautiful & fascinating cities.

Re: "Yes, it was freezing, but it didn't matter."

I was wondering about that, as I'd noticed, on a weather website, snow forecast for Paris a couple Fridays ago.

Apr 28th, 2001, 05:43 AM
nospam

Very nice post, Molly.