Reload this Page >

My first trip to Europe: Paris France

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Sharon

Well I enjoyed Paris. I stayed at the Plaza Athenee and WOW what an experience! It was definitely worth the splurge. <BR>I found the Parisians to be really nice and very elegant. I am ashamed to say that I spend so much time at home wearing jeans etc.. I felt very inspired to add a little flare (sp?) to my life. The Parisians are very formal and correct with their manners (or at least the ones I ran into). They also can be very charming. I did make one mistake however. I live in the South and am used to be very friendly with people. Unfortunately one time it was misconstrued with me having "interest". I was propositioned, I have to say it was a little embarrassing. But I laugh because it is an experience I will certainly never forget. <BR>The shopping was great. I ended up going to several boutiques such as Jean-Louis Scherrer and to Hanae Mori. For perfume I went to Caron and also to Guerlain.<BR>I spent most of my time strolling about. <BR>I also did meet some friends of mine who live in the 16th arrondisement. Very nice neighborhood but it seemed more residential and not so touristy. My friends invited me for dinner several nights and we had a nice meal. <BR>I will have to say what was truly relaxing was not adhering to a shedule. I walked a lot and "happened upon" places.<BR>My favorite church was Sainte-Chapelle very very pretty and I love the ceiling with the stars! Notre Dame was a disappointment.<BR>I will say that avoid Pigalle and the surrounding area. Also avoid Bir Hakim metro stop near the Australian embassy on left bank, a little too scarey for my taste.<BR>I have a great impression of Paris and would like to return someday. <BR><BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Elaine

Sounds like you had a great time! Welcome home!

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 09:50 AM
Anne

Sharon any more specifics you care to share?

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Veronique

Jean-Louis Scherrer has beautiful clothes!

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 03:44 PM
kate

Sharon, I also am from the South and when I first moved to Manhattan,I had the same experience, I was friendly,he thought I was interested!Lol, wherever you go...<BR>glad you liked Paris,the shopping really is great there!<BR>